Tuesday, September 17, 2013

ColourQ 207

DSCF8053

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Just wanted to thank everyone for their sweet comments about Cassidy’s Paper Players creation!  We really appreciate them!  Today, Arielle has a unique color inspiration for us to play with:



This cute Anthropologie sweater is so pretty for fall.  I interpreted this into a sympathy card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings ColourQ207 Fabulous Florets Petite Pairs Sympathy

I remembered I had a 6x6 pad of older SU DP that had some Night of Navy paper in it, so I used it for my background, cutting out the images from Fabulous Florets for the focal point.  I also used Petite Pairs for the sentiment inside and out:

DSCF8052
DSCF8054

Be sure to stop by the ColourQ blog to see ALL the fabulous designs!

I made one of those cute little candle holders with the Witches Brew washi tape and put in a battery-operated candle.  I showed Cassidy how to turn it on:

DSCF8041
DSCF8040

After which, she tried to blow it out!!! LOL!

DSCF8035DSCF8037

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Fabulous Florets, Petite Pairs
Card stock & Papers     Night of Navy DP (ret), Whisper White
 Ink Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Baked Brown Sugar, Strawberry Slush
Accessories Pearls
Tools     Big Shot, Lil' Inkers Photo Die, Dimensionals

13 comments:

Kara said...

Really pretty!!

Linda Callahan said...

So rich and elegant!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh so sweet how Cassidy tried to blow out the candle.
Pretty card today. I like the way you framed these flowers. I need to try that. This looks like a difficult combo of colours, but you did a wonderful job with them. I need to make a sympathy card today too:(

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful! I knew these colors would be perfect for big blossoms!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your flowers spilling out of the polaroid frame, fun idea Leanne! Blowing out the battery candle...too cute ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Stunning stunning stunning LeAnne!

stampwithsandy said...

Hmm, I looked at this color combo and had doubts but you pulled the colors together perfectly, LeAnne! You used one of my favorite and most-used stamp sets, and love seeing some retired DSP get put to good use.

Create With Christy said...

Very pretty card, LeAnne! I love it!

Jennifer said...

Wow what a beautiful card and adorable little girl! Love the colors and how you played them. Just lovely!

Shelley said...

Your card is totally inspiring! I might have to give this one a try!

Lesley said...

AWESOME!

Amy White said...

So very beautiful LeAnne! Love the navy patterned background - really makes the bright flowers pop!

Unknown said...

I just happened across this card at colourQ....it is just gorgeous! I love everything about it....especially how the flowers are framed with the instant photo!!! how clever!!!
I looked at the rest of your posts too, everythign you make is just stunning! im gonna have to follow so I can gather inspiration more regularly!!! your photos are so cute too!!! thanks for sharing!
~tracey