Monday, September 16, 2013

Merry Monday 75

DSCF7900

Oh, it’s Monday again….that weekend whizzed by, didn’t it?  What a beautiful day we had yesterday though!  Just gorgeous!  Speaking of gorgeous, Lesley has another gorgeous challenge inspiration for us today at the Merry Monday challenge:



If I had a dining room, I wish it would look like this!!!  I settled for a little Christmas card with Raspberry RIpple, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 75 Christmas

The base of this card is a quarter sheet of Raspberry Ripple cardstock, topped with a Very Vanilla card, and it is always a challenge to photograph these types of cards because they won’t stay shut!!!  Hopefully you can get the full effect.  I diecut my reindeer, stamped him with the Woodgrain BG stamp and daubered him with Gold Encore ink.  He’s mounted on a VV card, embossed with Northern Flurry EF and embellished with some champagne glimmer paper stars.  I added a little collar embellishment as well as some red glitter glue on his nose!

DSCF7899

I think he’s a handsome fellow….what do you think?  I think this is just a stunning color combo for Christmas, and I can’t wait to see what you create.  I will say the submissions for last week’s challenge were incredible!  You stampers have really stepped up to the Christmas plate!  You can see all the creations, not only by the design team, but the submissions as well, at Always Playing with Paper

Fun at the park:

1229883_10152182883382646_122179742_n

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Woodgrain; Holiday Greetings (Flourishes)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Raspberry Ripple, Chocolate Chip, Champagne Glimmer Paper
 Ink Raspberry Ripple, Chocolate Chip, Gold Encore 
Accessories Red Glitter Glue, Gold Cord
Tools     Big Shot, Reindeer Die (Tim Holtz), Northern Flurry EF, Sponge Dauber, Primitive Star Punch (ret SU)

17 comments:

Marybeth said...

Hi LeAnne. Looks like Cassidy enjoyed her day.
Love this card and the reindeer is very handsome indeed! Beautiful card ...love the bit of embossing too.

JoAnn said...

Adorable picture of Cassidy.
Very pretty card. It looks like Rudolph is flying among the stars.

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely card. I love the gold collar and the red Rudolph nose!

Lisa Elton said...

Yep he's a handsome fella! Fabulous card LeAnne. Cute pic of Cassidy too, LOVE that sweet smile ;)

Bonnie said...

I thought the same thing when I saw this picture. Then I thought of the boys throwing those balls and decided I'd have to just dream! LOL! I love your reindeer and sparkling folk art stars!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Gorgeous card. I like the bg stamp you used on the reindeer - perfect. The gold ink around the edges gives him a soft glow and his red nose is the best way to finish him off:) Gorgeous colour combo.
Isn't this inspiration picture stunning?

Loll said...

Hi LeAnne. Yes, the photo inspiration is gorgeous and I wish my dining room looked like that as well. I do have a red room, but not all that gorgeous white wainscoting and beautiful accessories and dishes - wow!

You've captured the elegance of the photo in your card. Your reindeer is gorgeous and I love the embossing and gold star accents. Beautiful! Loll xx

Karen Davis said...

LeAnne, your card truly captures the elegance of the inspiration photo.
Yes, your reindeer is a handsome chap, and the embossing and stars work so well with him.

Kara said...

Beautiful!

Wendy said...

LeAnne, your cards are always so pretty and neatly thought out. I love the diecut deer and your color combo! I may have to try that one!
Have a great week! :)

Karren said...

Love this card, LeAnne. That reindeer is fantastic - especially his little red nose!

Lesley said...

This is one classy card, LeAnne. Love the deer and all the elements on your CAS card!

Patti said...

Love, love, love your reindeer. He is the standout on this one. When I have a card that won't stay closed to photograph, I add a little temporary adhesive to hold it down until I can get the picture. It cleans right up too.

Allison Cope said...

What a beautiful card LeAnn! I love the stamped reindeer and your glitter gold stars! Beautiful holiday card!

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is wonderful LeAnne, the strategically placed texture is a fabulous backdrop for your deer and the start are a perfect addition.

Margaret Moody said...

Beautiful CAS card, LeAnne! Love your woodgrain deer and glimmer stars!

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful card LeAnne, love how you designed the reindeer and your finishing touches.