Tuesday, September 10, 2013

ColourQ 206

DSCF7787-002

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Time for another cool color challenge from Arielle!  Here you go:



Gorgeous!  The title of this is “Head, Shoulder, Keys & Toes”….and so I had that little childhood ditty in my head the whole time I was creating this:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings ColourQ206

I wanted to make an inspirational card, so I used a verse from Word Art Wednesday, and sketch 310 from Mojo Monday:



I the back of my mind, I remembered some Basic Grey paper I had, and believe it or not, I still had a full sheet left, and it was perfect for my background DP!  I added the digital verse, did some simple stamping and made a little felt flower as an embellishment.  Easy peasy!

DSCF7789

I also did some embossing behind the ribbon but sadly, it’s not too visible!  So, what can you come up with these colors?  The courtiers have come up some awesome projects, so be sure to check them out at the ColourQ blog!

DSCF7591

Wee Project Details
Stamps Polka Dot Silhouettes, Sweet & Sassy Stamps; Digital verse, Word Art Wednesdays
Card stock & Papers     Primrose Petals, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey Lemonade
 Ink Daffodil Delight
Accessories Rich Razzleberry Ribbon, Felt, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Flower Dies, Dimensionals, Markers

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I"m kicking myself because I have the BG paper too!! Pretty card LeAnne, love all the polka dots!

Linda said...

Two Beauties the card and the Granddaughter!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You mixed that challenging color palette with ease, LeAnne! I'd have stayed clear of it. I am no good with brights.

Oh, nice job on the MM sketch, too!

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful, LeAnne. I have loved this Basic Grey Lemonade line since it came out and I'm hoarding what I have left. And of course, the scripture is perfect on this card (I always LOVE scripture cards). Thank you so much for sharing this lovely creation in our challenge this week. What a blessing to have you share with us. Hope you and your family are having a very blessed week!
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Kim said...

Your card is awesome LeAnne!! That is one of my favorite sections of scripture as well - a good one to memorize. You used the colors like a champ!! :>)

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card and great design with the colors. Love the felt flower and the verse.

Jen Mitchell said...

Fantastic! I love the felt flower!

Bernadette Bliss said...

Just beautiful, Leanne. The stamped butterflies behind the sentiment is something I thought of doing today with one of my Butterfly series cards. I hope mine look as great as yours! Blessings, Bernadette

Darlene Gabriel said...

Don't you hate it when something like this embossing gets covered up? So sad:( Your card is so pretty - great job with these colours. I know they would very challenging for me. I like the flower. This sentiment is a perfect reminder for us isn't it?