Sunday, September 15, 2013

Paper Players 163 with Cassidy

Happy Sunday, peeps!  This post is photo-heavy, just to warn you!  Anne Marie is our hostess today at the Paper Players and she has a fun challenge for us:



Oh boy!  Or maybe I should say “Oh girl”, because naturally, I wanted to try to include Cassidy in my project!  I had seen these really cute, simple pleated pumpkins on Pinterest and I wondered if Cassidy could make one – with my assistance, of course!!!  So here is Cassidy's project:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 163 Pleated Pumpkins

I found some glittery orange and green cardstocks in my stash and we went to work. 

DSCF7970

First, I copied the patterns and cut them out on scrap paper, tracing them on the back of the card stock.  I cut the pumpkin out for her, since she still can’t use scissors….although we’re working on that skill!  I scored them for her and told her how to fold them:

DSCF7973

Notice, she is using a bone folder to make the creases nice & sharp!

DSCF7975

I helped her punch the holes in the folded pumpkin:

DSCF7978

Then we went outside to find a stick, and we threaded it through the holes:

DSCF7980
DSCF7983

Now back inside, we put the Autumn Accents die and some green sparkly paper in the Big Shot and she cranked it through:

DSCF7984

And we have our leaf:

DSCF7986

Another hole, threaded it on and we are almost done!

DSCF7987

Later on, I had her stamp a little image from Gift Givers and she actually colored it in herself with a Pumpkin Pie marker….now she doesn’t want to color with her kid’s markers, she wants MY markers!!  Of course!

DSCF8021

Not too bad for a 3-year-old!  I made some as well, stepping them up just a wee bit, using Sweater Weather paper and adding some various tags:

DSCF8022
DSCF8025
DSCF8026
DSCF8027

These were fun, quick & easy….a perfect project for a child of any age!  I hope you can play along with our challenge this week…it doesn’t have to be a project, it can be a card as well!  Can’t wait to see what you create!  Be sure to check out the other designers and their creations as well!

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Gift Givers, Holiday Best (both ret), Woodgrain BG; Wreath for All Seasons, Papertrey
Card stock & Papers     Misc Orange & Green, WW, Sweater Weather DP, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Patterns DP
 Ink Tangerine Tango, Stazon Black
Accessories Candy Dots, Narrow Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot, Autumn Accents Die, Hole Punch, Sponge Daubers, Chalk Talk Die, Crimper

22 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This post made me smile from start to finish! She did a terrific job......and her coloring looks very artsy! Adorable pumpkins!

lisa808 said...

Cassidy, you are a natural crafter. You definitely take after your grandmother.

LeAnne, fab ideas.

Lauri said...

How cute!!! She did great for 3 years old!! Love these!

Frenchie said...

ooh LeeAnne what a fun and PRICLESS day !!!! love it , she did so well , keep me smiling throw the whole thing ,
love it ..... way to go Cassady , you got a great teacher ....
hugs to both of you ....
frenchie

Cheryl Mooney said...

W-0-W !!!!!
Good job, Cassidy and LeAnne!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cassidy's pumpkin is perfect and how could she not be an amazing crafter like her grandmom! Yours are beautiful and creative too!

Linda said...

OH my goodness I love these! So sweet that Cassidy is creating with you. That is so amazing! I love it and the great fall decorations idea.
Hugs,
Linda

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

This is so fun for me...seeing a child do my pumpkin project..just what I had hoped would happen! Thanks so much for sharing this! You made my day!...hugs...Debbie

Lisa Elton said...

Shazam Cassidy did a GREAT job!! Love yours too LeAnne, the papers are so fun. This would be a fun project for my DIL 1st grade class!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Pretty soon she'll be blogging on her own! Cute project and cute pictures!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

What a great post to see today! Happy Fall to you and Cassidy. Terrific project and definitely one for kids and adults, too. Thanks for sharing your life as a crafter and grandma with us, LeAnne;)

Kara said...

so cute!! love your little craftin' buddy!

Karen Day said...

Cassidy, I LOVE your pumpkin-on-a-stick! You did a great job - I bet your family loves it :o) (Leanne, yours is nice, too!)

Maria said...

Fabulous project!!! So CUTE that Cassidy helped you with this project! Love all the photos...well done!

Nance Leedy said...

OMG, LeAnne! This is adorable! The project, the post and all those pictures. What a great idea to work with Cassidy on this challenge. She did a fantastic job--as she should with such an inspiring Grandma! Hope we see more work from Cassidy!

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a fun project for you and Cassidy to do together. Looks like she really enjoyed it. Great job Cassidy! I keep telling you she is going to be a wonderful crafter like her Grammy;) I love the pictures but especially the "leaf" one.
Your "stepped up" projects look great too.

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne, it is so sweet that you truly made this a challenge for the kids by including Cassidy. I love both of your pumpkins, what a cute idea! Very creative.

Jaydee said...

Cassidy, you did an awesome job! What a great project for kids and adults. Love them!
Hugs
Jaydee

Shelley said...

Adorable...way to train that girl! I will have to remember this project. I will tell you, my daughter is 15 and doesn't have much care to stamp (although she's very artistic.) Last weekend she asked if we could make a popcorn garland for the Halloween tree...how could I say no? Guess I should do some posting!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Cassidy did an awesome job! I can't wait to try my hand at these! These are fabulous, LeAnne!

Patti said...

My compliments to Cassidy; she did a great job on her pumpkin. And I love the fact you're starting here early. A smiley post all the way through LeAnne.

Anne Marie Hile said...

I know I already told you but I need to say it again...I LOVE these projects! SO fun that you two worked on them together. You and our "Guest Designer" really whipped up some awesomeness for my challenge this week. Whoo hoo!