Sunday, September 29, 2013

Paper Players 165

DSCF8226

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Ann is our hostess today for the Paper Players, and it’s a fun one---a tic tac toe!  Here is the layout:



My original plan was to use the center column – thank you, embossing and pearls – but then I realized this also completes the center row across – patterned paper, embossing and any shade of blue!  So here we go:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 165 Another Thank You

It wasn’t until I actually photographed my card that I realized that the Quatrefancy Specialty paper is actually Pool Party, NOT Soft Sky!  But at that point, I certainly wasn’t going to remake it, so my card actually has three shades of blue:  Pool Party, Soft Sky and Island Indigo!  I used the Apothecary Accents die and coordinating piercing mat for the DP; Fancy Fan and Adorning Accents for my embossing; and the sentiments are from Another Thank You (new polymer set) and A Fitting Occasion.  The tag is from Chalk Talk dies:

DSCF8229

Not too sure about this card….I think I rely on sketch challenges so much that I second-guess myself when it comes to making my own layouts!  But it’s done and I needed it, so it’s actually in the mail already!  I hope you’ll play along with this challenge….so many possibilities for this one!  Have fun with it!  And check out the other designers’ projects as well:
Cassidy was playing with her chalk on the sidewalk a few days ago and when she was finished, she looked like a chimney-sweep:

DSCF8217

She needed a scrub-down afterwards!!!  Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Another Thank You, A Dozen Thoughts
Card stock & Papers     Soft Sky, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Quatrefancy Specialty
 Ink Island Indigo
Accessories Pearls, II Ribbon
Tools     Bit Shot, Apothecary Accents Dies, Chalk Talk Dies, Fancy Fan EF; Adorning Accents EF, 3/4" Circle Punch, 7/8" Scallop Punch, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Kara said...

Love the texture....especially those hearts!!

Kathya said...

This card is perfect, LeAnne! Never second-guess yourself when creating your own layouts, look at how awesome this one turned out to be. And I love the 3 shades of blue, they remind me of the beaches from my beautiful island. I was feeling kind of blue, but when I saw your color combo and the beautiful card it put a smile on my face. Great job!

Hugs,
Kathya

Linda said...

Cassidy has the prettiest eyes. She looks like she has eyeliner on and mascara and it is all natural. So pretty even with a chimney-sweep face. LOL So cute!
And this card.Wow I love the piercing. It those added touches you are so good at.

Cheryl Mooney said...

I love the crisp blues and white with pearls (!), and all of the great textures layered on.

Shelley said...

No need to second guess yourself! Your layout is great!

MarvA1ix said...

Delightful card with so many interesting elements. Bet it was fun to make. Trying to get my creative juices flowing toda.Wish me luck!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Sweet little chimney sweep she is too.
I love this card LeAnne. Blues and white....always a favourite with me. I love the efs you've used and the addition of the pearls.
Hope you're having a great Sunday.

Lisa Elton said...

Lots of pretty texture and layers! But Miss Chimney Sweep steals the show today...SO DARN CUTE!!!

None None said...

This is a beautiful card, LeAnne! The layout is striking and I love the different shades of blue.

stampwithsandy said...

Love the interesting mix of patterns and shapes, and all those pretty shades of blue!

Nance Leedy said...

You second guess yourself?! No way, everything you create is amazing. This is no exception--I love the layout! All those shades of blue work perfectly together and love the piercing!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, I just love everything about this one! The texture and the paper piercing detail...soooo pretty! Cassidy cracks me up with her "chalk face". So cute! :)