Thursday, September 12, 2013

FMS103

DSCF7892

Happy Thursday, peeps…the weekend is almost here!  I really loved all the samples at Freshly Made Sketches this week, so I decided to play along.  Here’s the sketch:



I just love this Crisp Cantaloupe color---yummy!  I made a card base from some textured cardstock, then went to work:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings FMS103 Summer Silhouettes-001

I still had my Gingham wheel sitting on my table, and I thought it looked cute with this paper from Birthday Basics, so I made a little banner with it.  I had seen some cards pairing CC with Smokey Slate, so I stamped the floral image from Summer Silhouettes using both colors, then the sentiment from Four You:

DSCF7896

I really like this color combo!  The sentiment was stamped on a diecut from Chalk Talk, then backed with another one in Smokey Slate.  I also added a shabby bow in white.

Originally I had a gray bow, but it looked a bit dingy!  What do you think?

DSCF7890

I prefer the white!

Well, we had a very busy day yesterday…..lots & lots of play activities, one of which included a little bit of stamping, and a little inkpad mishap:

DSCF7902
DSCF7903

And that was just on one hand!!!  Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Summer Silhouettes, Four You, Gingham Wheel
Card stock & Papers     Crisp Cantaloupe Textured, Whisper White, Smokey Slate, Birthday Basics DP
 Ink Crisp Cantaloupe, Smokey Slate
Accessories White Seam Binding, Candy Dots
Tools     Big Shot, Chalk Talk Dies

15 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful LeAnne! At first I didn't like CC but the more I see cards made with it, the more I start to like it. I love that Gingham piece! The white bow looks amazing! I did like the grey one as well though! Love Cassidy's hands! Happens at our house all the time...boys and ink don't mix too well!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a sweet card LeAnne! I like the floral stamp with the gingham. I see a sweet Christmas gift for mommy with that cute little inky hand!!

Phyllis Strickland said...

Your feed burner email subscription box goes to a link that says not enabled

I love your card !!!

Linda Callahan said...

Drop dead gorgeous!

Bev Gomez said...

Very cute card and I think both the cards look darling but I like the gray bow best I think. Just darling and geesh Cassidy and I must be related as I get ink on my hands all the time. LOL! Darling.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. I love the colors and the white bow looks better.

Nancy B said...

Crisp Cantaloupe and Whisper White -- yes! So refreshing. When Cassidy gets older, she will be your best customer or downline. Bet she can be a "handful" at times. Have a lovely day! Nancy B

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh I love the white so much better. Wow this Crisp Cantaloupe and Smoky Slate look wonderful together. I love the softness of this card.
Oops.......well I guess Cassidy is learning all sides of stamping/card making/crafting already....she's going to be a natural;)

Brenda in IN said...

This card is a keeper. Love both those colors. Cassidy isn't the only one, I've had those inkpad mishaps myself!

Bonnie said...

I love this and I can see I'm going to have to get that gingham wheel! LOL, like I need something else! I like the white bow much better. But the gray and Cantaloupe are meant for each other!

Jen Mitchell said...

Hmmm. I would never call one of your bows dingy, but I think I like the white one just a teensy bit better. Oh, and I'm loving this color combo. I especially love the textured cardstock. I wish SU made more of that!

Unknown said...

love your use of the different shades of peach!

dpkennedy said...

I really like this layout and your nice mix of patterns! Great card!

Thanks for my SU order!!

karen h said...

Beautiful card! I love the white bow. I love how you used the gingham image on the banner strip!

Linda Suarez said...

I love this LeAnne! From the gingham banner to the pretty crinkly bow! And a great choice of colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!