Monday, September 23, 2013

Merry Monday 76

DSCF8164

Happy Monday peeps!  Wow, fall is upon us for sure here in PA!  It was a chilly but beautiful weekend!  I am getting excited for the upcoming holidays!  Here is Lesley’s Merry Monday challenge for us today:



Now, I know that the colors in this challenge are cool hues, but the only criteria is to use a snowman on one’s card!  So I went in a different direction…. here is my take on the challenge:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 76 Snow Much Fun

I haven’t done a card with lots of detail like this for a while, and it was so fun!  I used the  fall sketch from Create with Connie & Mary:

CCMCFALL13-04

as well as the color challenge 207 from JUGS:



I had a card already embossed with the snowflake embossing, so I used that as my base, adding the layers and my stamped image.  I wheeled the red piece with a retired snowflake wheel, and brayered some Crumb Cake ink on the polka dot paper so it wouldn’t seem so starkly white.  Of course my little snowman was stamped, colored, cut out and popped up for dimension:

DSCF8161

I gave him a couple extra snowballs to juggle, and he is even standing on a little snowy hill!  I punched out a sentiment from the same set with my Modern Label punch:

DSCF8165

And I added a little stamping on the inside as well:

DSCF8166

Snowmen are so much fun for Christmas cards, so I hope you will play along with us at Merry Monday!  Check out Lesley’s blog, Always Playing with Paper, for all the details as well as the lovely designs from the others!

Cassidy knew just what to do with this spatula….even though the gingersnaps were a wee bit too “snappy” for her taste!  Notice the partially-eaten one on the table!

DSCF8080
DSCF8081

Wee Project Details
Stamps More Merry Messages, Gingham Wheel, Snowflake Wheel (ret), Snow Much Fun, Itty Bitties (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Polka Dot Parade
 Ink Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Craft White, Real Red
Accessories Stitched Ribbon, DD Glitter
Tools     Blender Pen, Big Shot, Delicate Designs EF, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals

25 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Absolutely love it! Might try and play along with you ladies.

Lesley said...

Love that you went with the warm colours, this card is adorable and the snowflakes stamped behind your snowbuddy look great!! Sweet card, LeAnne.

Brenda in IN said...

I am crazy about red and brown together. This is a pretty card. You do so many wonderful things with Cassidy. She will grow into a very well rounded gal. Isn't having a granddaughter wonderful! When our grandkids were younger we would just stop what we were doing when they came and played. Now it's crafting, movies, shopping and playing games and wii. Still the same thing tho. There is nothing better.

JoAnn said...

Love how you used the color challenge with your adorable snowman card. He is so cute.

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable LeAnne, love the mix of patterns!! I haven't had a gingersnap in FOREVER!!

Frenchie said...

Oo I love your card Ms Lee Anne, so colorful,
Now to Cassady she so cute , grandma your such a great grandma , the best , you are giving her the best memories she'll carry them for the rest of her life , I know ....
I was brought up by my grandmother , since I was 3 day old , till 15 , and never had a dull moment ,
She's in my heart forever .....
Hugs to both of you ,
Frenchie ,

Marisa said...

Great snowman image and fabulous use of the JUGS colours. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Shelley said...

Great combo on the challenges. Love the rustic feel. Oh, and gingersnaps...yum! My great-grandma made the best gingersnaps. I love 'em. Sadly, no one saved the recipe! I have one that is pretty good, though

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh my this is adorable. I love all the added sparkles. The embossed bg and white gingham are all so pretty. This is a great sketch too.
Looks like you've got a great little helper there. First stamping and making cards and now cooking. Fun times:)

Wendy said...

I love the direction you went with your snowman card, LeAnne! The colors, papers and that sweet snowman are just perfect! Such a fun card!!
Our weather has been wonderful to say the least! Today there sure is a crispness in the air and i'm lovin it! Have a terrific week!! :)

Loll said...

Hi LeAnne. LOVE the colors of your card!! Crumb and Red are so great together. Love all the layers and details - so fun!

Cassidy looks like a seasoned baker!! :) Yum, gingersnaps ... might just have to go and bake some - perfect for a cool fall day! Loll xx

Karen Davis said...

Le Anne, I love the colours you have used. The embossed texture is fabulous. The 3Dness, makes the card very special.

Kara said...

so cute! love his dimensional snowballs!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a great snowman card. I love the layering and the sentiment stamped in red is perfect.
Caroline xxx

Bonnie said...

I love how your snowman has a vintage look, LeAnne! The snowflake embossing is perfect and the little bird on the inside and sweet surprise. Gingerbread and Fall just go together don't they? Time to dig out that recipe.

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card LeAnne, the papers and colours you used are fabulous and I love all the different layers.

Patti said...

Great card. Love all the little details. And your snowman makes me smiled.

Benzi said...

Snowmen are the cutest and so is your card. Love it!

I can imagine that gingersnaps could leave quite a bite on the tongue of a little girl like Cassidy. :-) But, I do love them....of course.

Nancy said...

Love your snowman and the rustic colors! Great card...thanks for joining us over at Just Us Girls!!

Lisa Kind said...

Snowmen images make the best cards in my opinion too! Love all the texture and dimension in your card. So interesting to look at. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Karren said...

Love this card, LeAnne. The colors and layout are fantastic and I have a soft spot for that particular little snowman LOL.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful snowman card. Love, love, love all the texture and great colors! Congratulations on your win.

Nancy Penir said...

Love him LeAnne! And your details are the best. That snowball getting ready to be tossed is the cutest!

Susan Joyce said...

Fantastic card, love the colours and detail on your sweet card LeAnne.

Unknown said...

congrats LeAnne on your win, you made a wonderful work, I love how you play with the colors, and the snowman is very cool
hugs