Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Lovely Birthday Gift!

DSCF8064

Happy Wednesday peeps!  Sharing today with you a non-stamping item, so bear with me!  I received a big box in the mail last week from my sweet friend Christy, and inside was this wonderful stitched wall hanging of a Baltimore oriole:

DSCF8062

DSCF8065

She remembered that I liked orioles, so she had her mom sew this incredible creation!  I had a club meeting on Monday night and a couple of the girls are avid quilters, and they were as impressed as I was!   I am just thrilled…what a special, thoughtful gift!!  I just love it, and Cassidy even was enthralled with it..but she liked the butterflies best!  Thank you so much, Christy!  I have just the place to hang it, too!

DSCF8057

We are heading to the Solanco Fair today to see the farm animals, pumpkins and tractors!  Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful gift! Have fun at the fair ;)

Denise Willerton said...

Beautiful stitch! lovely gift LeAnne :-) have a great day at the fair! *hugs*

Bev Gomez said...

Have a fun day and yes that is a beautiful and thoughtful gift. Oh and I loved your colourq card yesterday too.

CM2 said...

Great birthday gift!
My eyes really popped open when you mentioned the Solanco Fair. I'm wondering if that is in Lancaster County, because that's near me!:-)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gorgeous gift, how thoughtful of your friend to send this lovely wall hanging made with love. Enjoy your day at the Fair.

Linda said...

Sounds like a fun day!
That is a beautiful gift and a very thoughtful friend.
Have a great day!

Shelley said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! As a quilter...I approve! Happy belated(?) birthday!