Saturday, September 7, 2013

Altered Fall Project

DSCF7770

Just a quick little post this morning before I run out the door to a funeral luncheon!  I picked this candle jar up while on vacation for less than $1.00!!  I couldn’t wait to dress it up a bit! What do you think?

DSCF7770-001

The birch paper came from the Tablescape kit in the mini catalog; I cut it to fit and adhered it in the back; I diecut a leaf from our canvas sheets using the Autumn Accents die and brayered it with Crumb Cake ink to give it a bit of color. 

DSCF7773

Then I took our wide burlap ribbon and adhered two strips of it side by side, to a piece of cardstock with our Adhesive sheets, and ran it through the AA die again, making sure that the seam (the leaf was too wide for just one piece of ribbon) was running down the center of the leaf.  Finally, I added an acorn from Wonderfall which was shaded in Cajun Craze and sponged with Early Espresso:

DSCF7772

Oh, and I added a little tag using the sentiment from Truly Grateful.  I love how this turned out! 

Be sure to come back tomorrow when I am the hostess for the Paper Players with a fresh color challenge!

DSCF7629

13 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ohhhh...I love the burlap leaves. This is wonderful!

*Vicki* said...

WOW! What a great project my friend! LOVE the burlap leaves!! :)

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, this is so nice for fall. I love your use of putting the ribbon together. The birch adds the finishing touch.

Patti said...

Great project LeAnne. Love how you made the leaves out of the burlap. Very clever idea,

Anonymous said...

I love your little project LeAnne! It's so neat. What a clever idea to adhere the burlap ribbon and cut the leaves out like that! Enjoy your day! :-)

Tammy Hershberger said...

That birch paper is AWESOME, LeAnne and I LOVE the burlap, too! GREAT alteration of that candle! (Hey, and you'll be glad to know... prayers have been answered! I have a new job!)

Lisa Elton said...

You turned a $1 bargain into a priceless masterpiece LeAnne!! this is so pretty, love the earthy look!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh wow.......I love this. I totally missed this paper but I have to go looking for it....I love it. Your burlap leaf is wonderful especially the way you took such care to have the binding running down the center of it. It looks like the main vein. Cute acorn. You've really made me rethink some of the products and sets.

Kara said...

really pretty!! cassidy's hair is getting so long! she looks so pretty!:)

stampwithsandy said...

I have some die cut burlap acorns sitting on my desk and now you've given me some inspiration to use them, LeAnne! Love what you did to your jar, gorgeous!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fabulous cheap (but not cheap looking!) autumn decor!

dpkennedy said...

I love this jar! What a great project! Quick, easy, and fabulous!

Shelley said...

Awesome project with my favorite (currently) set! Love those leaves! Great job!