Monday, February 15, 2010

Wishing for Spring

DSCF6830

Today’s SCS CAS54 Challenge was to make a card for spring! For my first attempt, my brain just did not want to do CAS!  So I regrouped, checked a few Fall to Layouts from the Clean and Simple blog and decided on FTL#68:

Fall to Layout #68

DSCF6828

This uses some DP from my stash—it is a solid deep coral on this inside—and the flower is from Best Wishes & More; sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.  I distressed the edges of my Rose Red panel and dyed my white organdy ribbon with a Cameo Coral marker.  I have left the inside blank; I’ll just add the appropriate sentiment when I need a card!

DSCF6829

Now here’s my original card; I used my new Abundant Hope set; this is a get-well card for a friend from church:

DSCF6833

I used some Tea Party DP, wide grosgrain and non-SU pearls; image is stamped on watercolor paper and colored with reinkers using an Aquapainter.  I did a light sponging around my nestie to give it a little backgroun interest, and I also lightly stamped it with Itty Bitty Backgrounds.

Thanks for visiting today---we’re gearing up for some more snow! ONLY 2-4”!!! 

DSCF6834

12 comments:

Ann said...

Ugh, more snow? I don't envy you! Your cards are great...very springy!

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, I'm sooooo glad I walked over ... it's spring here!

LOVE your CAS card ... and that FTL is fabulous!

Bev J. said...

Love both your cards but your daffs are so pretty-great coloring.

mudmaven said...

These are both just super! I just love the colors on the first and those daffodils will surely make your friend feel better. Only 2-4? This is on top of the 30+ you have on the ground already right? Stay warm and dry. ~chris

Denise Marzec said...

These are awesome, LeAnne! Love the layouts, and the daffodil panel with the itty bitty backgrouns is just darling!

Jenny Gropp said...

Absolutely beautiful -- love that coarl color on the first card.

Doris said...

Fabulous use of the new daffodil stamp from SU. I especially like the way you did your sponging.

Carol L said...

Great spring cards! Love the coral color and simple design on the first, and the flower image on the 2nd is lovely!! Come onnnnnnnn Spring!!!

Juanita said...

Great cards.
i am sorry you are getting more snow, but glad you are getting more time to play with your stamps.

Barbara said...

Both cards are very spring-y, LeAnne! Beautiful!

Renee said...

LeAnne these are both so pretty!! You are so good!

Corie said...

Beautiful spring cards -- love them both!!