Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Color Throwdown #79

Barbara is our hostess this week and she has picked this wonderful color palette:

swatch 79

We’d love to have you play along too!  Use similar colors if you don’t have these exact ones.  Post your card or project on your blog or online gallery, then link it to the link feature on the CTD blog so we can all see your sweet creations!  For my card, I chose a daunting, but lovely,  Mojo Sketch by Maria:

Mojo125Sketch

to make this card using SU’s Vintage Vogue:

DSCF6743

I recently purchased an old book on house plants to make those neat flowers everyone is doing.  I decided to stamp one of the pages with the Very Vintage jumbo wheel in Riding Hood Red ink, then sponged the edges.  I love the effect as well as the words that peek out!  Here’s a tip---I used a CD as  a guide to cut the curved panel.  And the card actually folds on the Very Vanilla panel; here is the inside:

DSCF6746

Lately I have been overstamping my sentiments—I really like that effect!

DSCF6747The sentiment is from God’s Blessings….this will make a nice card for a good friend, don’t you think?   Now here are links to all of the other CTD designers’ creations:

Thanks for visiting today!!  If you have any questions about any of the products, just give me a shout!

13 comments:

Carol L said...

This is fabulous!! I love the color combo this week, but I especially love the way this card opens! Great job on both challenges!
Got snow??? *wink* More on the way!
Keep warm :)

Lesley said...

Love this LeAnne! It is gorgeous!!! Great colours, hope I get the chance to play! I have been so busy with work and life!!

Hugs,
Lesley :)

Beth Norman said...

Great job with the sketch. Lovely colours.

Chris said...

I had to come by after I saw your card on the throwdown. I recognized that mojo layout as one I didn't attempt and your card is so great (I hope you win, I'm gonna go look there in awhile). BTW I love the way that stampover looks on the inside, I'm gonna be stealing that idea!
It's a beautiful card.

Barbara said...

AWESOME idea to use the book page! (Smacking self upside the head for not thinking of that!) Love this, LeAnne! That focal image is perfection!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the way you placed the flower and leaves off the edge of the main panel. :)

Renee said...

Gorgeous girlie! You rock as usual!

mudmaven said...

I saw this on the CTD blog this morning and loved it, but WOW seeing all the details here I'm totally impressed. Very, very gorgeous card. Stay warm and dry! ~chris

Bev J. said...

Great use of the sketch. I thought it looked hard but love your card-the background page is neat.

ChristineCreations said...

This is an absolutely DELICIOUS card LeAnne! I just love your colors and how you've used the layout and this set! wow!

Cathy Rulli said...

Very pretty!

Broni said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch! And I love how the printed page looks with the RH red on it!! Just a beautiful card!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is FABULOUS!!! Just beautiful and an awesome use of the Mojo sketch!