Friday, February 5, 2010

Long Post: Blog Candy Winner and a Rabbit Show

Over the past weekend, one of my projects at the retreat was to make a set of notecards to donate to my sister’s Rabbit Show.  Now the girls that I was stamping with thought the term “Rabbit Show” was the most hysterical thing they ever heard of!  Growing up in a farm/4H mentality, I was familiar with “shows”—but I guess they weren’t!  Anyway, after her daughter began raising rabbits for 4H, my sister became actively involved with the Pennsylvania Rabbit Breeders Association as well as the 4H group, and during their convention this weekend (snow or not!), they will have a little fundraiser table, so that’s what my card set is for!  Her rabbits are soooo cute and often win ribbons at her “shows”!!  But before I show you that, I want to announce the winner of my blog candy from this post!  All the ideas were great---most of them involved some bling, glitter and CANDY!  It was hard to choose the best idea, so I just did a random pull and Sherry Bee was the winner!!!  SO she will be getting the Cuddles & Hugs set! 

On to the Rabbit Show stuff—here is the basket, not decorated yet, but I am running out of time:

DSCF6682

Yes, the Love box is included, along with a post-it note holder and pen:

DSCF6684

The newly-blinged up Love box (I did add a little tiny bit of bling in the form of some heart-shaped rhinestones I found and some flat hologram stickers and of course, candy!):

DSCF6675 

And the note cards, all made with Cosmo Cricket papers and the absolutely adorable PTI set, Tiny Treats: Valentine.  Here are all ten, real quick:

DSCF6658

DSCF6659

DSCF6660

DSCF6661

DSCF6662

DSCF6664

DSCF6665

DSCF6666

DSCF6667

And of course, a bunny!

DSCF6663

That’s it for now…..I have a couple other things on deck.  We are gearing up for a major snow storm this weekend—I am psyched!!!  Have a great Friday, everyone!

10 comments:

Patti J said...

Ugh...that four letter word keeps popping up! (snow...) Oh, well! Can't do anything about it, so I just enjoy being a recluse! Love your projects Lee Ann! You are just too much fun!!! Congrats to your lucky winner!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

"Rabbit Show"....that was FUNNY!!! You were laughing at us laughing!! What a fun weekend! I miss everyone and wanna go back. I didn't even see you making some of these cards. They are adorable!!! Whoever wins this will be soooo happy!! Stay warm and safe during the "big snow". ~smooches!

SherryBee said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the blog candy!
I'm excited to receive it!!!
Thanks for the opportunity!

Renee said...

Gosh I wish I'd get more snow! We've only had rain and lots of it.

Love your cards and like I always say you're so talented :) Enjoy your snow!

Elise said...

Okay, YOU WIN! You are the MOST productive 4Her I know! WOW, LeAnne! You win the blue ribbon, the big medallion, best of show - you name it! You ROCK, beautiful stampin' sista! This is some incredible and fun work, if ever there was some - I love it! Oh, geeze! I hafta' go get my STAMP ON! You've infected me! Yee HAW!

Deb Neerman said...

Love all your adorable cards, LeAnne! Sooooo cute!

Congrats to the blog candy winner!

Have a great weekend, Kiddo!!

Stamp and Smile said...

WOW, hope the snowstorm isn't real nasty! Sounds like some areas may get hit with 30+"... yikes! Con'grats to the winner and such sweet creations LeAnne!!!

Juanita said...

I love the notecards. The little images and phrases are so cute.

Jennifer said...

Great notecards! I admire your blog.

Blessings,
Jennifer

Tammy Hershberger said...

Lots of "rabbit show" history in our family, so I knew what you were referring to! LOL This is awesome, LeAnne! I'll bet it was a hit! All the little note cards are fabulous!