Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Color Throwdown 81

swatch 81

Kristin is our throwdown hostess today and she has given us a nice springy palette of Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Old Olive and White!  We’d love to have you play with these yummy colors too!  Go check out the rules on the CTD blog, create your own work of art and post it on your blog or an online gallery, then link it back to the CTD.  We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Almost two years ago, I won some blog candy – lucky me!  Inside were some loose 6x6 pieces of BG paper that fit this color combo perfectly (I just don’t know the name of the paper!).  Since the papers are busy, I chose a fairly simple sentiment:

CTD81

Although the sentiment doesn’t look like it, it is stamped in Old Olive and was also stamped with a retired BG stamp called Canvas, in Creamy Caramel.  Those cute felt flowers from SU were the  perfect embellishment!  I already had my sewing machine out, so I did some stitching around the panels and smudged everything (like Pam does) to give it a warm, vintage look.  I also used Karen’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #57, which I just love:

SSSC57

DSCF6934

Now let’s see what the other designers came up with this week:

Thanks for visiting today!

22 comments:

mudmaven said...

Love this card! The stitching was the perfect touch too. Very vintage! ~chris

Me, My Stamps and I said...

beautiful card!!!!!love the vintage look!!!!!
tfs:)

Kim said...

Gorgeous card! Love it! Very cool sketch challenges. Might need to try these.

Broni said...

This is a gorgeous card, LeAnne!! I really do love those felt embellies!!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the sketch, the colors, the sewing, and that super cute flower off the edge of the circle like that. DARLING card, LeAnne!

Stacey Schafer said...

what a beauty, LeAnne!

Debi said...

really pretty, love the combinations of papers

Barbara said...

This is a sweet, sweet card, LeAnne! I love the sketch and I love the sentiment. And that felt flower is perfect!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this, LeAnne! The perfect dp to use with this fabulous sentiment stamp! Will have to give this challenge a try ...

PS: Thanks for the kind words!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

What a stunning card! I love how you used the sketch and color combo. Just wonderful. :)

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous!! Love that dp!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Thanks for the return blog love! To answer your question, I can't remember the exact details. I googled how to add cute fonts and used the tips that involved running the font through webs.com. I put it all together over the Dec break and it took me a little bit to figure out (I'm still wicked new to all of this bloggin' stuff ;) ). I'm sorry I'm not more help. I fear the day I will need to do any repairs!

Carol L said...

Beautiful distressing!! I really REALLY like this gorgeous card!!!

Ruby said...

I was just looking at the Color Throwdown thinking the colours are lovely, but I find them a bit too pale and not quite my style, and then I saw your card. It's gorgeous! You have totally changed my mind about that type of colour. Your card is so vintage and trendy too, LOVE it! Thanks for the inspiration, maybe I will play with more muted colours every now and again now :o)

Silke Ledlow said...

LeAnne - your card is rockin'!!! I wish I could put DP together like this - LOL!!! Love the colors and the sketch...it's a true BEAUTY!!! Hugs ~S~

Pam Speidel said...

I L*O*V*E this LeAnne! That dp is perfect and so is your "smudging"!!! ;) You go girl!

Kay Kalthoff said...

That is a very gorgeous card!! TFS!
Kay

Renee said...

This is stunning! Love it!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is so beautiful, LeAnne! LOVE the combination of papers and that felt flower embellishment is YUM-MEE!

Cathy Rulli said...

So pretty - love that flower!

Corie said...

Oh this is so pretty!!

Just Wedeminute said...

I love the sentiment and the colors just sing! Very gorgeous!