Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mr Roboto

DSCF6688

I saw this FUN card on LeeAnn Greff’s website and knew I had to make one for my nephew’s birthday.  He does robotics through his school, and my brother helps out too, so I hoped he would notice what was on the outside of this card almost as much as he would notice what was on the inside!!!  It was really quite easy, as LeeAnn and her DH make great picture tutorials!

DSCF6689

I used a Stampin’Up! sentiment from On Your Birthday, and added some cute little extras from the robot set by My Cute Stamps.  You can see the little nuts & bolts on the photo at the top of the post.  Aren’t they fun?  He really  liked the Diamond Plate embossed background, which is a CB folder.  And I am sure he thought the little dog looked just like his boxer, Peyton!! Right???!!!!

DSCF6685

Hey, it is snowing to beat the band here, so I am going to do something fun like stamp or sew or cross stitch while DH is out playing with his snowblower!  Stay safe & warm! 

9 comments:

Corie said...

Oh my this is absolutely FABULOUS

Denise Marzec said...

FUN card, girl! I just love that diamond plate pattern and the little circle joints on the robot.

Hehe....my hubby is out playing with the snow blower too. I'm so glad he handles THAT chore, ugh! Stay warm and enjoy your snow day!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is fabulous!! Love that robot made out of the punch shapes - so cool! And all of the stamped and embossed touches - even *guys* would have to notice that great work! Play in the snow some for me, 'kay?

mudmaven said...

This is just too cute! Love anything that lets me break out the punches and this is super! I think you have the right idea about the way to handle the snow - ours is due tomorrow but won't be nearly as bad as what you are getting! Stay warm and dry and can't wait to see your storm creations! ~chris

Pam Speidel said...

OMG LeAnne, I can tell you had lots of FUN creating this FAR OUT card for your nephew! VERY creative!

Carol L said...

Oh my, this is such a fun card!! I bet your nephew is going to love it!!
My DH does all the snow-blowing too (man toys KWIM?) Our neighbor came down and helped him open the driveway, so we're fortunate to have everything all cleared. Stay warm and I hope you're spending the day doing something relaxing :)

Renee said...

This is so cool!! What a fun boy card and how creative!

Juanita said...

goodness gracious, this is so amazing.

Tammy Hershberger said...

TOO cute! LOVE the robot dog!