Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Friend, the Featured Stamper

DSCF6718

I am beyond excited for my friend, Barbara Anders!  She is the Featured Stamper today at SCS!  Woohoo!  I remember when I first came across her blog and I was so amazed at her talent, but she didn’t have many followers.  I urged her to post her creations on SCS and to participate in challenges, and look where she is now! 

It was really difficult to choose something of Bar’s to CASE; she has sooo many wonderful cards and projects, my mind was boggled!  I finally chose to CASE this card of hers because I loved the clean & simple style, and because I already had this little flower made from my retreat weekend!  I was just looking for the right card on which to use it!  So here we go:

DSCF6717

I changed the rounded edges to the bottom, as well as the colors and DP, but kept the basic layout!  Paper is Cosmo Cricket Early Bird; sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms.  The center of the flower is a rhinestone brad; the flower is cut with Nestabilities.  Be sure to go give Barbara’s blog or gallery a peek and give her some love!!! 

DSCF6720

10 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, it's Barb! Whoo-hooo, you're right, she's awesome. Sweet too. I LOOOOVE the colors on your card and that gorgeous layered flower!

Have a great day, LeAnne!

Penny said...

This is beautiful LeAnne! Love the flower and the cosmo paper. I've never used their paper before but after what you and Alison showed me I'll have to buy some now!

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Whow LeAnne how super special for your friend Barb!
Congratulations to her
that is so amazing uh?
I love her card and I like her version of the paper flower
I also really like her ribbon
How wonderful
take care my friend

Pam Speidel said...

Good Morning LeAnne!
I love the simplicity of this card and that paper is perfect. Of course you can't go wrong with that wonderful flower! Congratulations to your friend...I'm off to check out her blog and gallery of cards on Splitcoast. How exciting!!! :)

Elise said...

Yum, yum, yum and FABULOUS! This card is SUPER, LeAnne! Your photography is so clean and BEAUTIFULLY shows off that gorgeous, three dimensional flower! FANTASTICO!
ALSO, yeah for BARBARA! What a delightful talent she is!

Ann said...

This is FAB, LeAnne! How cool for your friend! :D

Renee said...

Beautiful! Love the flower!

Carol L said...

Great for Bar to be the FS today! Your card is terrific, and I just LOVE that flower! Nice!!

Juanita said...

I love your card. The flower is simple perfect and the papers you chose. Just a great creation.

Tammy Hershberger said...

I just LOVE how your little flower turned out with the Cosmo flowered paper! Too cute! Great Bar-inspired design, LeAnne!