Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tired of Orange?

Orange you tired of orange?  LOL!  In my latest SU demonstrator magazine, an article encouraged us to use scraps in our cards.  I am the queen of scrap-throwaway.  It drives me nuts to have little odd pieces of paper in my folders!  I confess I do hold on to larger odd pieces, though!  Anyway, this piece left over from cutting a circle would have normally gotten tossed, but I trimmed it up and turned in into a birthday card:

DSCF6899

Another scrap made a faux ribbon, fastened with a jumbo brad.  The flower, stamped in Taken with Teal and Pumpkin Pie, is from Best Wishes and More…a great set!!!  Sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  And can you see the background lettering?  That’s a cute new set called A to Z.  Here’s a little closer peek (you can see the GLITTER too!):

DSCF6898

I think orange is a happy color—since last week’s CAS challenge, I have been seeing it a lot!  Hope it cheers you up!

14 comments:

Wanda said...

Great use of the DP scrap. I, too, would have thrown it away.

Anonymous said...

WOAH this is an awesome uplifting birthday card that just shouts A FUN DAY FOR YOU Kind of birthday....hugs!I am off to EPCOT!

Janine said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mother in law LeAnne... I will be thinking about you!
Such a lovely card..

Renee said...

LeAnne this is darling! The orange is great with the blue! Very cute :)

Oh and if I was to use my scraps it would take me 5 yrs!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this, LeAnne! Look at you usin' up your scraps!!!

I could never get tired of orange and teal; it's one of my favorite color combinations!

Carol L said...

I love orange and I love this card!!! It's great that you used the negative scrap for the focal point of this great card!!!
I hang onto my scraps for a year and then end up tossing the smaller pieces anyway! WHY???? LOL

Julia Aston said...

Wow LeAnne! a great card from scraps and doesn't that orange really pop it!!

so sorry to hear about your MIL - my prayers are with your husband and your family!

mudmaven said...

Am definitely not tired of seeing what you can do with orange! Great card and what a clever use of your scraps! ~chris

Elaine M said...

I'm not an "orange" person BUT I really like this card!! It's definitely a "feel good" card. Great job!

Bev J. said...

I have never been a big fan of the color orange but your combo with the teal works really well. Like your faux ribbon too.

Susan Raihala said...

I used to despise orange but got over it, and now, well, orange speaks to me. It says, "Don't worry. Be happy. Be happy now." And it sounds like Bobby McFarrin.

And your card makes me very happy!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Wow - this is absolutely great!! Love the bright clean crisp design!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Super cute! Great idea on using scraps!

Corie said...

WOW -- you made oragne pretty.