Friday, February 19, 2010

Two Lazy Cards

DSCF6895

Before I start my spiel, I just wanted to ask a little favor.  Some of my readers ask me questions in the comment screen.  While I would love to answer them (I love to talk stampin’!), if a reader is signed in as “anonymous”, there is no way I can answer their question.  You can easily email me if you have a specific question, or sign in using your email address.  I hate to leave people hanging with no answer!!

My sweet friend Robyn lent me her new Two-Step Bird Punch, and I made a very quick (read:LAZY) monochromatic card with the first punch-outs I did.  Sometimes these cards are difficult to photograph, but the effect is very soft & subtle:

DSCF6892

This also qualifies for the Limited Supply Challenge #260 at SCS today:  to use ribbon and a trim punch, and for the Pals Paper Arts Challenge to KISS:  Keep It Simple Sweetie.  This card uses  Barely Banana cs, with Vanilla Wide Grosgrain ribbon and the Scallop Trim Punch.  Here’s the inside:

DSCF6897

I saw this card on Corie’s blog and thought this would also make a good sympathy card.

 

 

My next lazy card is one I made with some scraps laying on my table; it’s a get-well card for my uncle who has been in the hospital for several days:

DSCF6842

I literally threw this together—the only thing I had to do was trim the Chocolate Chip panel and round the edges; then I added the jumbo eyelet just for some interest.  It uses Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip & Confetti White cs, with some retired DP as well as Thoroughly Modern DP from the current catalog.  The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations.

Well, I gotta run—busy day today!  Thanks for visiting!

20 comments:

Sabriena Satchwell said...

I LOVE your Kiss card! It is absolutely amazing. I will be CASEing it this weekend.
:-)

Glenda J said...

These are both absolutely beautiful - simply fantastic.

Barbara said...

Both are just awesome, LeAnne! Love that KISS card and the second one is a perfect masculine card!

Juanita said...

Love the springy look on the blog. I suppose being buried in snow will make a person long for sunflowers.
I don't think these cards looks lazy at all! I think the get well card is a masculine and clean card. The bird, well that just screams to me that you know exactly how to pull off Clean and Simple.

Linda Callahan said...

Your KISS card is fabulous - so soft and elegant! Think I will go get that Barely Banana out and try one - love it! So glad you play @PPA!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Wonderful Lazy Cards....I'll be casing these. Fabulous!

Elaine M said...

You may call them "lazy cards" but they are "off the chart WOWZERZ"!!!

Renee said...

Lazy? What are you talking about!! These are beautiful! It's funny how we judge our own work!

Deb Neerman said...

Lazy? I don't think so ...

Fabulous?!? Oh, yeah! These are just fantastic, LeAnne! Love the CAS designs!!

Broni said...

LeAnne, I LOVE both of these cards...but that monochromatic one is GORGEOUS!!!

ChristineCreations said...

WOW I love your bird cards sheesh! Don't call them lazy girl, they look classic and elegant and clean. I'm hoping to order this punch next month. Totally keeping your ideas in my head!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love both of your cards! I am really wanting that bird punch!!

Bev J. said...

Love the bird punch and it looks really lovely on the Barely Banana. On the second card I love the colors and that striped dp panel is me-love it. tfs

Ann Schach said...

Love both of these cards, LeAnn! The monochromatic card is beautiful, while I adore the grommet on the second card! Great job! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Doris said...

Both cards are great, but I especially like the off-white one--very elegant! I'll have to try that, so thanks for the idea!

Susan Raihala said...

These are NOT lazy. The first is simply BEAUTIFUL! The second is simply perfect for a guy in the hospital and will certainly cheer him up!

Hope your uncle is feeling better.

Kristin Eberline said...

These are both stunning, LeAnne! I love the soft, warm look of the first card with the super cute bird, and the masculine, clean look of the second.

Hope your uncle is feeling better soon.

Denise Marzec said...

Lazy cards? Hehe! Well....I think they're awesome....especially the layered bird. Darling!

Pam Speidel said...

YOU GO GIRL! I'm loving your LAZY cards that look like a million bucks! Seriously, these RULE! Don't be surprised if you see a case from me on my blog. ;)

dpkennedy said...

I love the bird card - the tone on tone is gorgeous!