Tuesday, February 16, 2010

JUGS Challenge #20

DSCF6840

This week the JUGS girls have challenged us with a technique—the Split Negative.  I have seen this but have never done it.  I love the technique, (you can see it here on SCS) but I am not sold on my cards; perhaps another accent color or another image would have been better, but I pushed on and finished them despite my “non-love” for them!

DSCF6836

It wasn’t until I finished my cards that I realized my ribbon was Brocade Blue and my accents were Ballet Blue.  Grrr….oh well, as I said, it was too late to turn back!    Each card is basically the same; the Labels One nestie is  a little different on each one.

DSCF6838

DSCF6839

Tres Chic is the background stamp; Of The Earth hostess set is the bird image.  I did not put any sentiments on these; I’ll probably use them as get-well or birthday cards.  I am looking forward to trying this technique again with different results!   Thanks for visiting today!

15 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Thanks for helping me think outside the box, Leanne. This is beautiful. I just got this set too and this is another unique and beautiful way to use it.

Lisa Kind said...

I love the black and white with the blue! So pretty! I love that background...totally forgot about that one! I think your cards (yeah for doing two!) are very pretty! Thanks for playing in our JUGs challenge! Congrats on being last week's Chic of the Week!

Carol L said...

Great job on the split negative challenge! You did good!! I always loved that b/g stamp and it looks great with the blue accents here!

Chrissie said...

This is beautiful LeAnne. That is a beautiful blue against the black & white!
Stunning!
Chrissie

Caryl P said...

You are your own worst critic LeAnne, these are beautiful! I love the background paper and with just a touch of blue(s) it is a nice elegant card. Good for you for following through and doing TWO...the other halves of my split negative are somewhere in the waiting to be used pile, ha!

Renee said...

Wow look at you!! This is a cool design with the embossing! Very pretty card!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this technique and your cards are perfect! Great job, LeAnne!!

Corie said...

You ROCKED this challenge -- this is FANTASTIC!!!

Sue Lelli said...

I think you are on your way to being Chic of the Week this week, too! This card is FAB! LOVE the image and the color combination!

Barbara said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous, LeAnne!!! Black/white and anything else works for me!

Juanita said...

Great card, I have never tried this technique. I also like that you worked some blue into this, that is an under used color.

Jean Franks Beck said...

LeAnne - I really like these cards! I know the blues bug you, but really - it adds interest, and I think they are perfect the way they are. Very unique, very trendy-looking!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a beautiful card LeAnne! I love the black & white with the blue accent! You did an awesome job with the split negative technique! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

*Gasp* LeAnne, this is waay cool! I love the bold background!!!

AKiteFlier said...

Hey LeAnne - nicely done - it's not the easiest technique in my mind to do and do well but you did it AND you did it well. You can be less hard on yourself and only we intense paper crafters would notice brocade vs ballet blue (of course I was the one who tattled on myself about an upside down ribbon so I get it!)
Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls again.