Friday, February 26, 2010

Baby Shower Gift

My niece is expecting in a couple months, so as one of her shower gifts, I made a set of 20 thank you cards.  This is the invitation her sister sent:

DSCF6905

And I must apologize for these photos---for some reason, Sage Shadow and my camera just do not get along.  The colors in the invite are actually Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Pumpkin Pie and Green Galore, although it looks more like Kiwi Kiss in my photo!  Anyhoo, I took the colors along with the sailboat from Nursery Necessities to make these:

DSCF6904

DSCF6906

I stamped the boat in each of the three colors, cut the pieces apart, then reassembled them so that each boat was made of three colors.  I then mounted them on a 1 3/4” circle and a scalloped Nestie.  The sentiment is from Trendy Trees.  Then, I made a box with a transparent lid:

DSCF6909

DSCF6907

And tied it up with a beautiful satin bow and a little matching tag:

DSCF6914

DSCF6913 

She always comments on my cards, so I am hoping she will like these as well!  Thanks for stopping by today!  Tomorrow I’ll show you the card I made for the gift itself.  Totally different!

19 comments:

Terry Molineux said...

Love Love Love it! Can you send me the directions for the box. I have someone that's expecting and this would be a wonderful gift to give!!!! Krazy4Bears@yahoo.com

Thanks
Terry~~

Carol L said...

This is such a special gift in the way you created the thank-you cards to match the invitiations! I love how you cut the sailboat elements and pieced them together! She'll absolutely love receiving this gift!!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Leanne wow! What a wonderful gift. I can hardly wait to hear of her reaction! I know she'll be truly touched. They are beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

Lesley said...

This is amazing LeAnne...what a gorgeous gift!! The colours are awesome and the layout is so sweet! Love everything about it!

Lesley ;)

Anonymous said...

this is amazing LeAnne....you know I am going to have to "steal" it! Hhehehehehee just beautiful!

Renee said...

LeAnne I love these!! How cute and they match! Awesome!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is a fabulous shower gift! Love the l'il sailboat and your wonderful color combination ... the perfect gift!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, LeAnne! This is FAAAABULOUS!!!!! LOVE the color combo, and all the sweet scallops, and the way you did the boat! Too, TOO cute! She will LOVE you so much for this wonderful gift!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, these are stunning, as usual!!! I'd love to have the template/directions for the box with the transparent lid. LOVE it!!! I'm sure your niece will, too!!

mudmaven said...

What a wonderful shower gift. I am certain she is just going to love it. It's so cute and I love the colors. ~chris

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwww, she's going to LOVE these! So beautifully done!

Caryl P said...

OH she is sure to LOVE these! I love how you made them to match the invites. Fabulous!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Love how these turned out! What a great gift : )

Beth said...

These are wonderful I'm sure your niece will love them!

ChristineCreations said...

WOW what fantastic colors together! I love the contrasts girl!

Corie said...

WOW -- this is fantastic

Barbara said...

Of course she will like them--they're totally adorable!!! Love the cards and the clever box, LeAnne!

Kathleen said...

These are darling LeAnne! You know she will love them and it's something she can use right away! What cute packaging, too! Great gift!

Juanita said...

What a fabulous gift to your neice.
The colors are stunning and {as usual} your craftmanship is stellar.