Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Color Throwdown #80

swatch 80

Danielle really threw down a challenge with this color combo! I chose to use  Sage Shadow, Really Rust and Bravo Burgundy for my colors.   Normally I would have gone for a floral; I thought about using some digi images and going vintage; then I thought about funky….so here’s my take on fun & funky, CTD-style!  We want you to play too!  Check out all the details on the CTD blog so you make sure you follow the rules, then post your creation on your own blog or online gallery, using CTD80 as the keyword.  Link it using the InLinkz feature so we can all see them!!!  Here’s my take:

DSCF6852

This card uses cute images from My Cute Stamps’ Little Forest Friends, and some fun DP from Cosmo Cricket’s Nutmeg line.  The rest is pretty explanatory---it’s a simple card, just a few cuts & pop-ups for some interest!!!

DSCF6854

Now be sure to check out what all the other designers did with this color combo---you’ll be glad you did:

Thanks for visiting today!

16 comments:

Lesley said...

Love the leaves at the top...very funky and fun!!! Gotta play the CTD! Too fun this week!

Smiles,
Lesley ;)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh how cute! Love the popped up birdie and the leaves along the top.

Janine said...

Great color combo LeAnne... Love what you did with it!! How have you been??

Barbara said...

Your funky is adorable!!! LOVE that "limb" and leaves at the top--genius, my friend, just genius!

Debi said...

totally love how this came out!

Renee said...

Awesome! You took on those colors like a pro!! haha!
You rock!

Broni said...

This is just adorable, LeAnne! I love how you used the wood grain paper for the owl's tree and how you used the individual leaves!!

Beth said...

Cute owl image and I love that great dp in the background - just the perfect paper for this great card!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Tooooooooooo cute, LeAnne! Love that DP and sweet l'il owl image!

Carol L said...

I love the woodgrain look of the background, and those leaves under the ribbon look so awesome! NJ on this one!

Kristin Moore said...

Aren't you rockin' and rollin'!! Great cards LeAnn! That's why I love your blog and left you an award on mine a few days ago.

http://sunshinesmilesstamps.blogspot.com/2010/02/award-and-another-layout.html

Juanita said...

Well, this is just fabulous.

Juanita said...

Well, this is just fabulous.

Cathy Rulli said...

What a great looking card!!

Kristin Eberline said...

OMG, your card is awesome, LeAnne! LOVE how you trimmed the bottoms of the leaves on the top panel and added a few extra, and that owl peeking out from the hole in your "tree" is so clever! Super duper cute!!

dpkennedy said...

This is just the cutest, most clever card ever!

I thought these colors were going to be hard for everyone, but man, I have seen some of the most awesome cards!