Monday, February 22, 2010

Christmas Makeover


I want to thank everyone for the condolences on the sudden passing of my mother-in-law. We are coping very well, although my husband is realizing that it is a much more difficult situation when he is the one needing the words of sympathy. We are praying the Lord will be glorified in all of this.

I did have a little time to stamp today---and there is only a little stamping on my card! The SCS CAS55 challenge today was to make over a card. Since I am trying to keep up with my own Christmas card-a-week challenge, and I did not get to stamp yesterday, I chose to redo this Christmas card into this Christmas card:

I changed the orientation of the card as well as the colors, but I used another one of my (hoarded) Brenda Walton K&Co Evergreen Icon Chipboards vintage postcard image and layered it on a piece of (hoarded) BG Figgy DP, which was then layered on a Barely Banana card. I used my Painty pen to draw a gold border to complement the gold border on the chipboard, then embossed a gold sentiment from CHF. The gold & white ribbon was simply tied through the hole in the chipboard and it was done. EASY!

Thanks for visiting today and cheering me up!

13 comments:

mudmaven said...

Absolutely gorgeous LeAnne! Love the gold - perfect accent to such a cute image and the dp - ah the joys of diving into hoarded papers! hugs and prayers ... ~chris

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, this is seriously FANTASTIC!! Love every beautiful detail!

Caryl P said...

Such a beautiful card LeAnne, it hardly looks like a made over card. I'm going to head to the basement and sort through my stash.

Sorry to hear about your MIL. Many prayers for you, your husband and family!

Carol L said...

What a great remake of an already awesome card! I'm not sure which one I like best, but I'm with ya on hoarding the Figgy Pudding DP!! It's my all-time favorite Christmas dp (so far) :)

Susan Raihala said...

So soft and vintage and pretty! I agree, that BG paper is gorgeous! I love using it on SB pages but can NEVER make a card with it this pretty!

Hugs,
Susan

Lesley said...

This is so pretty! Love the muted, vintage colours...

Lesley ;)

Patti J said...

Beautiful, vintage card, LeAnne! You always do such a lovely job with the vintage look. I AM vintage, and I don't get it right! I'm so sorry to hear of your mother in law's passing. Your family will be in my prayers. Blessings and hugs...

Stacey Schafer said...

a beautiful card, LeAnne! give that hubby of yours some big stamping love hugs:)

Hampers said...

Just gone through the Christmas makeover and found it to be wonderful. It was nice going through your blog. keep it up the good work.

Renee said...

Fantastic card! Love the vintage look and especially the pretty colors.

Still praying for your family :)

Hugs

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne!!! Totally gorgeous!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Sorry to hear about your MIL - will be praying for your family. I'm a fan of vintage - great job on this makeover. Love the gold!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great card! I love the vintage image. Condolences to you and your husband on the loss of your mother -in-law. My thoughts and prayers are with you.