Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stampin’ Royalty Challenge #5

DSCF6669-1

This week the Royalty crew has challenged us to make Anything But a Card!  This morning, I fearfully stepped on the scale and my heart sank.  Since before Christmas, I have not been paying attention to my eating habits, and those bad habits have now exhibited themselves on various parts of my body!  Since I have an “event” coming up in March, I thought I had better get in gear and be a tad bit more disciplined.  I wanted to make a little fun journal where I could write down some thoughts and Bible verses when I want to eat but shouldn’t.  I grabbed a little spiral notebook from my stash, some brightly colored paper and inks and a couple of star stamps from PTI and Kitchen Sink:

DSCF6668

There is nothing fancy about it other than some little doodad embellishments because it will probably go in my purse and get beat up, so it needed to be simple.  I have already started some thoughts on the inside:

DSCF6670

And now that I have shared this with you and the whole blogging world, I guess you will have to keep me accountable!  My stomach is growling RIGHT NOW…..so I guess I’d better find something to do to distract it!  Maybe I’ll STAMP SOMETHING!!! :D

Have a great day!!!

DSCF6669

15 comments:

mudmaven said...

This is so cute maybe you'll really want to write in it instead of eat! Good luck with this new challenge, I'm sure you will be svelte and gorgeous in time for your event. ~chris

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

thanks so much for sharing your own challenge with us:) I know you'll be successful! Your diary is gorgeous! I love the bright happy colours! Thanks for playing with us at SR!

Juanita said...

I love this little notebook, and the intention behind it. I recently read an article that stated one of the steps to success is to share your goals. Now that you have shared with us, we can help keep you on your path.
{I eat because the chocolate tastes so good}

Deb Neerman said...

Uber-cool project, LeAnne! Cheerful and possibly even dietetic!

Sarah said...

What a cute little book! I'm sure it will inspire you to do your best! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is such a cute and cheerful journal... just picking it up to write in it would be a treat. And stamping whenever I'm about to snack? Hmmmm... I'd get SO MUCH done, LOL!! Great idea. And good luck!

ChristineCreations said...

So cheerful LeAnne and cute!! It will keep you motivated I bet!

Caryl P said...

Too bad I had already made something like this, I'll have to go back to the drawing board for the challenge. Great minds really do think alike!
Love the bright colors and nice small purse friendly size. Just do it, is right!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is adorable! You have been a busy bee, I see :) Love your vibrant colors and the overall clean fun look with your various stars! So cute :]

Oh and girl...if your stomach is growling, that means it's true hunger, right? EAT. Just like your list says!! I have to say, I love that you are setting a goal and forcing your own accountability by tracking your weak moments and substituting excess food with inspirational thoughts. Fabulous idea, my friend.

Sabriena Satchwell said...

I absolutly love everything you come up with. This diary is amazing. I love the colours and the layout design.
Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!
:-)
(Ps - I linked your post to Mr. Linky!)

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars!! This is just gorgeous!! I love your fun project and it's so colorful too!! :) TFS! HUGS

Stamp and Smile said...

Just the cutest! Keep strong LeAnne and you can DO IT!! Great way to support and encourage yourself! :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a terrific notebook LeAnne! Love those stars! :D

Corie said...

What a great idea -- love it!!

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow - what a great idea. What I like the best about this is how BRIGHT it is. Thanks for playing with us again!!!