Thursday, February 11, 2010

Another Double Challenge

DSCF6802

I had been itching to play Arielle’s ColourQ#19 for a couple days!  When the Pals Paper Arts Sketch #29 came up, I decided to combine them:

cqc19 PPA29

Aren’t those colors FUN?   However, the idea in my head did not want to want to translate on to paper.  I finally came up with this:

DSCF6800

 DSCF6796

This uses images and sentiments from Always and one of my favorites (that I have neglected), Best Wishes & More.  I am still learning how to do that ruffled ribbon thing!  Obviously I need some practice!  Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Always, Best Wishes & More
  • Paper:  Blush Blossom, WW, Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip
  • Ink:  Craft White, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Blush Blossom
  • Acc:  Wide Stitched Ribbon, 1 3/4” Circle Punch, 1/2” Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, 1/8” Circle Punch, Sweet Pea Felt Flowers, Sticky Strip, Jumbo Brad

DSCF6801

13 comments:

mudmaven said...

Oh my - this is gorgeous and yes those colors are very tempting to try together ... might just have to! Hope you are still enjoying your snow! ~chris

Deb Neerman said...

Love this, LeAnne! Such a great color combination and a fab sketch!

Stay warm!!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful colors together - and I love the ribbon! Great card! So glad yu play @PPA!

Bev J. said...

Great colors and sketch. Like the curvy sentiment-neat. tfs

Chris said...

Love those colors and what you did with the ribbon.
I told you I'd copy that overstamping on the sentiment, it looks so good.
I used it here
http://easilyamused-chrisv.blogspot.com/2010/02/beary-cute.html
and I gave you a shout out for the inspiration.

Ann Schach said...

Great job with both challenges, LeAnne! I love the ruffled ribbon. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, how CUTE! LOVE those colors and great sketch and that ribbon ruffle is ADORABLE!!!

Elise said...

Not that you're slow, to begin with, but could it be that alll that snow is helping you access your SUPER SONIC crafty craftiness! This is GORGEOUS! What a happy card - WAHOOO!

Renee said...

LeAnne this is beautiful! I love the colors!!! I love seeing your new stuff everyday it always puts a smile on my face!!

Mary J said...

Well done LeAnne on being chosen on JUGS! I love your designs, it's been fun looking through your blog!

Corie said...

This is fabulous -- I love what you did with the ribbon!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Aww, LeAnne what a gorgeous card!! This sketch is so unique and you nailed it PERFECTLY!! Cuteness!!! :)

Unknown said...

You ruffle ribbon is so cute. It makes this card a real WOW for me. I've been wanting to try it. Now that you've inspired me, I'll have to get to it.