Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Grungy Curtain

DSCF6865

Ha!  I’ll bet that title got your attention!!! LOL!  This card is for Mercy’s sketch#61 and Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 17:

MTSC61 act17

 

 

 

 

 

I rarely make boy cards, even though I have three boys in my immediate family!! Girl cards are just more fun!  But this Extreme Guitar image was available with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration, so I thought it would be good for future use!  So I inked it up for today’s card, grunge-style, and came up with this:

DSCF6866

(The More Mustard panel here looks  like Pumpkin Pie, but honestly, it’s not!!)  I have to admit, this was a fun sketch, and I got to use lots of different images from different stamp sets!  The guitar player was inked in More Mustard, then I dabbed the edge of my Chocolate Chip pad on top.  Each piece was also overstamped with the Sanded background stamp.  I can’t wait to try this sketch again with another image!  Thanks for visiting today!

DSCF6867

  • Stamps:  Sanded, Extreme Guitar, Boho Backgrounds, Circle Circus, A to Z, All Holidays
  • Paper:  Going Gray, Very Vanilla, So Saffron, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip
  • Inks:  Going Gray, So Saffron, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip
  • Acc:  Oval Nesties, Star Punch, 1/16” Punch, Silver Brads, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Kim said...

Very cool card LeAnne - just debated this guitar stamp, now wishing I had gotten it! Drat!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, girl, is this COOOOOL! Love the angled sentiments with the sanded BG, the awesome image, and what a fun layout! GOTTA print this one...looks fun!

Juanita said...

Love it, I thought you were talking about my curtains at first:)
I really like how you gruged it up, worked great!

mudmaven said...

Way cool! Grunge is fun and really great with boy cards. ~chris

Caryl P said...

What a funky card! I love the brads on the square pieces, nice touch.

Andrea said...

That's a great card.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome guy card! Love the colours and the sanded background. Awesome work with Mercy's sketch!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Awesome grungy boy card! I'll have to try this with my hockey-player silhouettes. Thanks for the inspiration!

Stacey Schafer said...

Yes, the title did grab my attention, LeAnne! Love the grunge...LOL! This is a fantastic design for a boy card...my boys give this one 5 stars:) Thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Linda said...

G-R-A-T-E card! I love it! That sand background stamp on top is fantastic.

Marisa said...

Wonderful double challenge card! Any boy would love this :D

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card rocks!! Great job!

Elaine M said...

Oh LeAnne - your card is amazing!! Love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY Amazing! I love it! This is a GREAT boy card... and you're right, girl cards are so much more fun to make! :)

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, really fab, LeAnne! Love how you used that Sanded backgrounder ... and that great color combination!

LOLOL, I thought you were talkin' 'bout MY curtains for a minute there!

Sam said...

Cool card. I love everything about it. Awesome!

Sue said...

great card, I love the star buttons!

Shelley said...

Very original, LeAnne. I punch out on the stars is something I had not seen before.