Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Stamp Ink Paper 80 - Get Well Bird


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I am thrilled that I've been asked to be on the Stamp Ink Paper DT on a permanent basis!  Today's challenge is cardmaker's choice!  
Image may contain: text

Honestly, this was more difficult than I imagined, because I have SO MANY favorites!!  My favorite on  any given day might change with the season, my mood or the holiday!  Anyway, I decided in the end on this sweet bird from Red Lead, along with some other images I randomly stamped on some pretty Pool Party-hued paper from Fancy Pants:


It wasn't hard to choose my favorite color, and I love birds, and I love collage stamping, and I love shabby ribbon, so the rest was easy!  There are feathers, eggs, lace and postmarks, all stamped in various shades.....the eggs (Nature Walk) were colored with some ink and a blender pen, cut out and popped up:


I added a tag, also lightly stamped with a honeycomb design:


and the inside sentiment was stamped over the egg image as well!  I never have enough get well cards, so this is beginning my stash!  I'll have the supply list at the bottom!


Just thought I would share a photo from the weekend get-together with John's family!  Here are some amazing women that I am blessed to have in my family:


Me, John's sister Mimi, John's sister-in-law Colleen, and John's stepmother, Trish!  Mimi is a great hostess and we had a wonderful brunch together.  And here are a few of the guys...they seem to be deep in discussion, probably solving the world's problems:


John's BIL Charlie, his stepfather Bob, John, and Dana's boyfriend Wayne!  I think the girls were having more fun than the guys, though, LOL!

Enjoy your day and thanks for popping in!


Project Details
Stamps Nature Walk, French Foliage, (both retired SU), Butterfly Basics, Delicate Details (new SAB), Trendy Feathers (Stamplorations), Bird (Red Lead), Hero Arts CL342 (Inside sentiment), Our Daily Bread Designs Mini Tag Sentiments (Tag sentiment)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Basic Gray, Park Bench (Fancy Pants)
 Ink Basic Black, Basic Gray, Pool Party, Soft Sky
Accessories Hand-dyed shabby seam binding, black & white baker's twine
Tools     Big Shot, old Cuttlebug tag die, dimensionals, sponges

10 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

Happy New Year dear friend 😊 It's been so long since I've sat to take time to peek about! So so glad I did this morning...stunning LeAnne...love this card and your shabby ribbon 🎀. How do you do that? I know many have asked, but not sure where to begin to find that 😊 Have a blessed day and all the best to you and yours in this coming year 🎉

Kampin' Karen said...

This is one of my favorite posts by you because of the bird, family but most importantly that you are permanent on the SIP DT! Congrats and I look forward to participating in your challenges. One question...how do you mail the card with the thickness of the ribbon?

*Vicki* said...

Oh my this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love the images in the collage style design and your colors are perfect!! Beautifully done! Your family looks so happy!! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous colors, LOve that handsome bird, and one of your signature bows to top it all off ... gorgeous card, LeAnne! [girls ALWAYS have more fun than boys!]
=]

Jenny Engelke said...

I love the scrunched up seam binding ribbon! I adore that shabby look!

Lisa Elton said...

I think your feathered friend was a wonderful choice! And anything close to pool party is a favorite card making color of mine. Just look at the beautiful smiles on you gals, of course you're having more fun!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Such a pretty card! You're the master of shabby chic bows and collage stamping! I love your colors too.

Sara said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love the colors and stamps that you used. Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Margaret said...

Wow ~ can't say enough about this card as I LOVE every single stamp and detail! But, I also love what I can see of this home - lights and greens on the bannister and in the window plants, the porch details through the lace panels. How lovely! Happy New Year!

laurie said...

Congrats on the SIP DT!!I love that challenge. You are a perfect fit, and what a gorgeous card to start it out with! Looks like lots of fun with family too!