Tuesday, January 31, 2017

RRCB55 Cross My Heart


Hi everyone!  I've got two posts for today!  Stop back a little later for my SIP post!  

I was excited that the girls at Retro Rubber chose this card as a winner, so today, I get to play along as a guest designer!  Look at this yummy challenge photo:

Displaying RRCB 55.jpg

I've got a few "retro" items on this card!!!  The set I used is from Papertrey called Love Songs; it's in the "vault" there, and I can't tell from what year it came....but I am thinking it's probably from around 2008 or 2009!


My card base is Barely Banana---another retro item--and I stamped the heart-shaped balloons in Flirty Flamingo, Crisp Cantaloupe, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette and Peekaboo Peach!  


Each one was fussy-cut out and mounted on the "string" of words....I'll bet you'll get that song in your head after reading it!  I added some white sequins, a little bit of Flirty Flamingo ribbon, and I embossed my card with the Falling Petals folder before assembling it all!


It was fun dusting off this old set....I have lots of other creations in mind now that I've seen it again! What will you use for this challenge?  Share it with us and be sure to tell us how old your retro treasure is!  Enjoy your day!



9 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, LeAnne, your gorgeous card is a breath of fresh air with the luscious Spring time colors. Your heart shaped balloons are adorable! I always love your cards and having you as our Guest Designer is a special treat! Thanks for joining us and hope to see you in our gallery again soon.

Katy McGloin said...

What a great card displaying so many fun retro products! Love that you used Barely Banana, Crisp Cantaloupe and Certainly Celery along with the current SU colors... it makes such a spring-y palette. I don't pull out my retired colors near enough!! Thanks so much for being our guest designer at Retro Rubber. Your heart balloons should tempt everyone to take a look at their stash and play along. We love it when you join in the fun with us!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute card! Love the sweet balloons and colors!!

Jan Clothier said...

Yes, I do now have THAT song in my head! But I still really like the way the lyrics make up the balloon string. Your card is so retro that some of those colours, I've never even seen so they predate my Stampin' Up experience. The thing I like the most is the way those fussy cut balloons work so very well with the new embossing folder. I'm so very happy that you're our guest designer.

Neva Cole said...

Very pretty combination and yes, I have the song stuck in my head now! LOL :) I like how you thread the ribbon under the sentiment "string", nicely done!

Linda Callahan said...

So Adorable! Love the sweet Colors!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello LeAnne, it's great to have you as our Guest Designer this time around.
Your card is full of the colors of Spring, fresh and beautiful. Love your carefully fussy cut balloons and the added detail of the lovely ribbon going behind the string.
Thank you for sharing and hope to see you back in the gallery soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi LeAnne! What a fantastic card to share with us as GD! I absolutely love that you used bright happy colors for this card! The heart balloons are so cute and I love that heart embossing! Thank you for joining us as our guest!

Claire Grantham said...

Oh WOW LeAnne, I love this card, the colours are so spring and fresh and made me smile. The heart balloons and the embossing are perfect. Great to have you over at Retro Rubber as our GD. Claire DT