Tuesday, January 10, 2017

SIP81 Curvy Keepsake Love Box


Hi everyone!  It's Tuesday, and that means another Stamp Ink Paper challenge!  I love black and white, and it's always fun trying to decide what color to put with it!

Image may contain: text

Since Valentine's is coming up, I went with black, white and red, and dusted off my Curvy Keepsake Box die, which I haven' used in a looooong time, and went to work:


I cut out the two pieces of the box and tried to emboss them with the Happy Hearts folder, but I couldn't work it, so I cut the sides apart from the box, then embossed each piece separately, and then used my Tombow glue to securely glue them to another two box pieces.  It makes the box a little thicker, but still works fine!  I used some black glimmer paper from which to diecut the "love" sentiment, and the Love Notes die to cut out the red glimmer paper hearts.  I cut a red and white tag with the tag die from Circle Card thinlet die and stamped a sentiment from Sealed with Love on top, then added some baker's twine and Cherry Cobbler ribbon:


It's all ready to be filled with some Valentine goodies!  Thanks for popping in, and be sure to check out what the other SIP designers came up with this week!

Project Details
Stamps Sealed with Love
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Real Red, Red Glimmer Paper, Black Glimmer Ppaer
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Cherry Cobbler Ribbon, Black & White, Red, and Red Glimmer Baker's Twine
Tools     Big Shot, Happy Hearts EF, Love Notes Die, Circle Card Die, Expressions Die, Curvy Keepsake Die

Not sure if I shared this picture from before Christmas or not.....we were making cookies and Cassidy was taking them off the cookie sheet.....and I loved how she arranged them on the cooling rack:


Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

This Valentine's box is gorgeous, LeAnne! Love the embossed panels, the ribbon, the tag and the diecut "love"! Perfect filled up with some chocolate treats for someone special! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Super cute ... box, and baker!
=]

MarvA1ix said...

Leanne, I fold the bottom of the box diagonally, and then I can emboss it. Works pretty good.
Love the cookies and baking with Cassidy. Looks like my favorite Brownie Drop cookies (which I made gluten free this year, and now I have an old favorite I can eat.)

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty sparkly little box!! Love the X Cassidy made!! Has she moved onto those from straight lines? Penelope and my great nephew, who is 3 weeks older than her, are seriously into lining things up!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Cassidy looks like she's taking this job very seriously:)
I love black and white together too - very classy. The red looks gorgeous here. Such an adorable little Valentine box.

jengd said...

Adorable box! I picked up the die and used it for my parents' anniversary party favors the other year but haven't used it since. Methinks I need to change that!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

The embossed hearts on the box are gorgeous. Great idea to cut it apart LeAnne. xx