Monday, January 2, 2017

Lazy Christmas Card


Hi peeps!  I am starting off the new year with another Christmas card...I know, you're probably sick of them, but I start right away for this year's Christmas!  And I promise, I'll have some different holidays featured real soon!  Anyway, the Jingle Belles' challenge this week is "No Time Like the Presents".....feature a present or gift wrap on your card!  I had been eyeing this paper for a card while I was wrapping gifts, so I snagged a little piece and went to work....easiest card ever!


The paper itself is almost like a kraft paper, so the printed design is not crisp, but soft and hazy.  I just cut out a piece, mounted it on a black mat and a Sahara Sand card that is a little smaller than 4 1/4" square.  I stamped a sentiment from Stitched with Cheer and added a layer of  snowy glitter, and it was done!


I did do a little more stamping on the inside, using Endless Wishes and Stitched with Cheer, watercoloring the banner a bit with Dapper Denim ink:


Cassidy got a spy kit for Christmas....one of two things she actually asked for.  I wonder on whom she is going to spy????!!!


Thanks for popping in today!


Project Details
Stamps Stitched with Cheer
Card stock & Papers     Basic Black, Sahara Sand, wrapping paper
 Ink Basic Black, Dapper Denim, Rose Red
Accessories Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Tools     Aquapainter

10 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, i'm totally buying giftwrap in the wrong places... i want to shop where you got this! what a brilliant card, i can't believe you actually had giftwrap WITH GIFTS ON, we will need a special category of shout-out to honor this card! :) happy new year to you and thanks for joining us at JINGLE BELLES, it's wonderful to see you!

ps: miss cassidy just gets cuuuuuuuuuuter and CUUUUUTER!!! she can totally spy on me any time!!! <3

SmilynStef said...

I adore that paper ... it makes such a perfect card and the black frame really makes it pop ... so glad you're joining us at jingle belles in 2017.

Dawn Tidd said...

So cute! It looks like a stamped image covered in Dazzling Diamonds to me. :) Cassidy is likely to start reporting on your every move! :)

I Card Everyone said...

You are so clever, LeAnne! and I'd have to start behaving if I had that little sleuth 'round my house! You, I'm sure, have nothing to be concerned about! Happy New YEar!!!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE CUTE card!! I have a feeling the new life like baby doll and Cassidy will be spying on Grampy!!

~amy~ said...

That's some cute wrapping paper! Makes for a great card!
A spy kit...how FUN!

*Vicki* said...

I don't mind Christmas cards at all because it's a reminder for me to get something out to make one!! :) This card is adorable!! I love what you did here!!

Vicki said...

Very sweet card. The images are so adorable.
My daughter is now 34, but I remember when she walked around with her notebook and magnifying glass. One year she dressed up as Sherlock Holmes; none of the kids had a clue who she was!
Have fun Cassidy!

Anonymous said...

A sweet card with adorable images!

Lorraine said...

Don't you just love when you can use wrapping paper on cards too? I love that stippled look. Great card.