Friday, January 6, 2017

CTS203 Hello Love


Happy Friday, peeps!  We got our first snowfall of the season last night...it's so pretty!  And I promised a non-Christmas card, so I broke out the new SU set called Sealed with Love and paired it with the CAS(E) the Sketch challenge for this week:


They have some beautiful samples there this week, too...you should check them out!  So here we go:


I used the Swirly Scribbles die to cut my curve at the bottom of the white panel, and adhered some Sending Love DSP to the bottom of my Real Red card.  I stamped my heart in Real Red and used the Love Notes die to cut it out....SO fun, with the little opening.....and mounted it on a Real Red Swirly Scribbles circular element and added some red glimmer hearts and sequins:


I stamped the sentiment in red as well, and added some speckles in Sweet Sugarplum...I always hesitate to add red speckles....sort of reminds me of a crime scene.  Pink speckles..not so much.  I stamped and diecut the inside image as well....this font is so pretty!


There are lots of images in this set, so I think I am just getting warmed up with it!  Stay tuned for more!

Cassidy was quite intent on feeding her new baby doll:


Her eyelashes are gorgeous....her hair is another story!  Good thing it's covered up!  


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details
Stamps Sealed with Love, Timeless Textures
Card stock & Papers     Real Red, Whisper White, Sending Love DSP, Red Glimmer Paper
 Ink Red Red, Sweet Sugarplum
Accessories Sequins
Tools     Big Shot, Swirly Scribbles Die, Love Notes, Die, Stitched Shapes Die, Triple Heart Punch

13 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Ooo LeAnne Injust love this card! A modern love collage - so sweet. I'm totally with you on red splatters - makes me think of blood every time, so the pink is a great alternative! Cassidy's baby doll is beautiful too - good to have a picture of it now, we have one that Rebecca has loved since she was 2 - 9 years on she has lost most of her eyelashes, one eye has changed colour and her skin is several shades darker with ingrained dirt over the years, but she s as loved now as she was then. I guess that's the main thing!

Doris D. said...

Beautiful Valentine. Love the hearts. I saw this on line and thought maybe you could use it on Cassidy's life like sweet doll. Small spray bottle with 2 Tblsp. of fabric softener and the rest water= Doll hairspray. Haven't tried it but they say it works on all doll hair.

Kampin' Karen said...

When I saw the curved cut paper, I wondered how you did it. Then I saw that you did it with the Swirly die. The light went on in my brain and I remembered I have that die and have never used it! I believe I have reached the point where I have to many SU products and I'm not using them to their potential. I'm going to place one more order so I can get a couple three SAB items and then I'm done for the year...said no demonstrator ever! We'll see. Cassidy's baby is so real. Doll makers have come a long way since I was a kid. Have a blessed weekend. Oh, and btw, I love your card.

stampwithsandy said...

So beautiful, LeAnne! Love the wavy bottom, and great take on the sketch!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve your Valentine!!! and that darling little heart, LeAnne! Thanks for playing cards with us this week! [holy wow does that real baby doll look REAL!]
=]

Dawn Tidd said...

Sweet Valentine card, LeAnne! Great idea to use that Swirly die to cut your edge. I love the collage you created too, super cute.

Cheryl Mooney said...

"Love" it, LeAnne! The die cut swerve makes the elements pop.

Linda Callahan said...

This is wonderful! Love the bright red and white design!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty Valentine LeAnne!! I like the sweet DP on the bottom and the dimension on your heart.
Cassidy's baby doll is almost as cute as she is ;)

Wendy said...

Such a pretty Valentine's Day card, LeAnne! Love how you did the bottom of the card with the dsp! Mind sharing how you did that? Love that heart and sentiment from the Sending Love set....I just ordered it! :) It's snowing here this morning...the roads are covered and it's pretty darn cold, too! Stay warm, my friend!

Darlene Gabriel said...

You are so right - those eyelashes are wonderful. Cassidy is such a good little "mommy".
Your Valentine card is gorgeous. I love this new set & dies & paper. I can't wait to get them. I love how you left so much white space and let the focal point stand out here.

laurie said...

I just love real red, and your grouping of hearts is awesome. Love the eyelashes too...how cute!

Hannelie said...

LOVE this Leanne!
A beautiful take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at CTS!