Tuesday, January 31, 2017

SIP84 Sympathy


Hi everyone!  It's Stamp Ink Paper time, and I made up a really simple Tic-Tac-Toe for you to play with:
Image may contain: text
Unfortunately, I needed another sympathy card for a beloved church member; I chose the left top diagonal of blue, circular element and ribbon for my card:


These beautiful MME Lost and Found 3 Oliver papers look so nice on a Very Vanilla background; I added a simple sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs and some little diecut birds.  The velveteen ribbon is some SU from a few years back that I have been hoarding!


And here's a little tip if you need a scalloped rectangle but only have square rectangle dies; these happen to be the Layering Squares from SU.  If you cut one square, then cut a portion of the same size square, you can layer them and the seam is barely visible.  Do you see where the second layer is under the first one?


I'll bet you never even noticed that was there!  It's a great way to get more use from your dies!!  The inside was stamped with a Bible verse and a Hero Arts sentiment, and I added another bird:



It also uses the sketch from Match The Sketch for this week:

I hope that you'll play along with the SIP challenge this week...it's always fun to play tic-tac-toe!! And the DT has come up with some wonderful creations as well!  See you there!

A smiley face made from chocolate chips on whipped cream and pudding....yum!



Project Details
Stamps Hero Arts CL342, Mini Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Lost & Found 3 Oliver DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Not Quite Navy
Accessories Velveteen Ribbon (ret SU)
Tools     Big Shot, Dimensionals, 1" Circle Punch, Nestie Petite Scallop Die, Layering Squares Die, Memory Box Chirping Birds Die

9 comments:

Wendy said...

So sorry that another sympathy card was needed but it's a lovely one, LeAnne! Love the color and that paper used. The ribbon is gorgeous as are the little bird diecuts! This is sure to comfort during some difficult days. TFS and hope you have a nice day!

Stempel-Biene said...

The card is beautiful. I love it.
Thank you for take part at our Challenge.

Sabine

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness, THIS is a blue I could call my own ... just gorgeous, and 'grayed down' as I love it! It may be a sad occasion, LeAnne, but I know this card will make someone's heart feel loved.
=]

*Vicki* said...

This is so stunning LeAnne! Love the floral background.

Nadine said...

Such a lovely elegant card!
Thanks for playing with us at Match the Sketch!

Dawn Tidd said...

Pretty card, LeAnne. I love these DSP pieces. They remind me of some quilt fabrics I've been eyeing! I know it will be appreciated!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a beautiful and peaceful sympathy card. The ribbon was worth hoarding! Thanks for the tip on the square/rectangle die. A chocolate chip happy face on pudding always makes it more fun to eat!

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne this is so beautiful and elegant, exactly what I love for tasteful sympathy card.

creative lady said...

Hi LeAnne, so happy to have you as the guest designer over at Retro Rubber! I love your card...the balloons are adorable and the colors make me think of spring! I look forward to seeing more of your designs in future challenges.