Thursday, January 12, 2017

FMS270 Delicate Details


Hi everyone!  My card today uses the FMS sketch and some old and new goodies!  Here's the sketch:


And here's my card....I am a bit on the fence about it, so I might try this again without my shabby bow:


I have seen a lot of ombre-toned cards and I thought this pretty new SAB set, Delicate Designs would be appropriate for trying out this technique!  I heat-embossed all the patterns with white craft ink and white embossing powder on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  Here's how I lined up all the images on one large acrylic plate:


If you're like me, you sometimes have trouble keeping those clear stamps straight, so I take a quilter's ruler and lay it on my block, then push the edge of the stamp up against it to keep it in line!  (It works better if you start from the top and work down; I was a bit backwards here!)   I then used a sponge to sponge on Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose and Rose Red inks on top of the embossing:


I added a sentiment from Sealed with Love, a diecut lacy edge from Regal Rose, and a shabby ribbon from some seam binding I had in my stash.  Just for fun, I added a little heart charm as well:


It's the bow I am not sure of....might be a little too much for the delicate design of the lace!  But for now, that's how it's rolling!

Cassidy saw a video on her tablet about how to make a glittery night light.....which involved Grammy's  ModPodge, dabbed inside a little jar, then sprinkled with various colors of glitter:




A tea light goes inside the upside-down jar lid and the jar is screwed on top.  It was kinda cute, and it kept her busy for a while!!!  Of course, we had glitter everywhere and each time you turn off the tea-light, there's another shower of it!  But it was fun!

Enjoy your day!

Project Details
Stamps Delicate Details, Sealed with Love
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose (ret)
 Ink White Craft, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose (ret), Rose Red
Accessories Rose Red Seam Binding, Charm (ret)
Tools     Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder, Big Shot, Finishing Touches Edgelits (ret)

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Great job with the ombre. I like the ribbon and the charm is such a nice touch. Cute project for the little one too!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the ruler idea, LeAnne .. you'll forgive me if I don't share the glitter idea with my troupe? I love that C. is so crafty. Better than any other way to keep her happy, and busy!
Darling card - your sweet bows are never too much!
=]

stampwithsandy said...

Oooh I love this, LeAnne! So pretty and feminine! The scrunchy bow is perfect, and I love the little trinket heart. I have been hoarding those!

Linda Callahan said...

Wowza! That ombré background is gorgeous girl! Love it! And no one does a shabby bow like you.....beautiful card!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my this is so so gorgeous LeAnne!! LOVE that stunning ribbon you've paired with your layout!! :)

Jen Timko said...

Nice tip on the lining up! Why didn't I think of that? Such a pretty card. The colors are lovely. And you know I have a soft spot for your shabby bows so.... Always glad to see you at FMS!

Lisa Elton said...

What a great idea to line up stamps, you rock!! This is delicate and girly, the bow works. I love how focused and dedicated Cassidy looks while working on her sweet little lamp!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow, I do love this card.....pink and lacey and topped off with your wonderful scrunchy bow......so beautiful.
It's fun to see Cassidy enjoying crafting so much.

Amy O said...

I love your pretty, pink ombre panel! And your romantic bow makes me really miss seam binding ribbon. Beautiful card, LeAnne!