Tuesday, January 10, 2017

PCC225 Comfort and Healing


Hi peeps!  I don't normally do two posts in one day, but I wanted to get this card in for the Paper Craft Crew sketch before the deadline because I thought it was a nice one!

Visit the Paper Craft Crew and play along with Card Sketch 225. #pcc2017 #cardsketch  www.papercraftcrew.com

You might remember I made a sympathy card for my friend Sharon, who lost her aunt on Christmas day.  Ten days later, she lost her mother, her aunt's sister.  I just can't imagine the grief of losing two cherished family members within two weeks.  Anyway, Sharon loves the beach and her mother's favorite color was blue, so I combined those two elements to make her a sympathy card:


Although the DSP is really a sky photo, it reminded me enough of the beach to use it!  The card base is Pool Party, and I embossed the Island Indigo panel with the Seaside EF, then added some ribbon embellishments and a sentiment.  More details are in the project menu below. 


Hope you have a wonderful day.  And since I already shared a Cassidy photo today, I thought I'd show you our sunrise on this beautiful but COLD morning:




Project Details
Stamps Gorgeous Grunge, Work of Art, Flourishing Phrases
Card stock & Papers     Pool Party, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Serene Scenery DSP
 Ink Island Indigo, Soft Sky
Accessories Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon, Pool Party Shimmery Ribbon (both retired)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Seaside Embossing Folder

9 comments:

Wendy said...

A beautiful card, LeAnne! I love that you made this with some of her favorite things in mind. That paper is growing on me and is a perfect choice for this lovely sympathy card. So sorry that your friend is going thru so much sorrow and I pray your card brings her some comfort & peace in these difficult days...

I Card Everyone said...

Oh I cannot imagine that loss either, LeAnne! She will cherish the thought of you knowing her mom's favorite color ... gorgeous sunrise - hope that means you are having a sunny day, too!
=]

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful card and what a thoughtful way to design the card! That photo is beautiful too! Sending hugs

Lisa Elton said...

I am so sorry for your friend's loss and what she must be going through, my goodness. The card you made her is beautiful and she will cherish it for the thought and love that you put into it. Gorgeous sunrise!

Deborah Smart said...

Such a beautiful card, LeAnne. My sympathies to your friend on her devastating double loss :'( How nice of you to create such a beautiful card to help her through this terrible time. Thanks for sharing it with us, at the Paper Craft Crew challenges. ~Deborah

Unknown said...

I love the combination of elements you used on this card. It's beautiful! Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh my, how sad for your friend. I can't imagine. I'll pray for her. This sympathy card is so gorgeous! I know it touch her heart.
What a beautiful sunrise you had.

Tracie Evans Langley said...

What a lovely card and thoughtful card, LeAnne. Love how you used the Serene Scenery DSP. Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing with us on the Paper Craft Crew page this week!

jengd said...

Gorgeous card and sunrise! My sympathies to your friend- what a rough situation!