Monday, January 16, 2017

Birthday Card in a Box


I attempted my first "card in a box"....something I've wanted to do for a long time, but never did!!  So when I saw this post, I decided to give it a whirl....got a wee bit carried away, but it was fun!  So here we go:



My box was constructed with Flirty Flamingo cardstock and Affectionately Yours Specialty DSP along with Flower Shop stamps and punch, and Flourish Thinlets.  I used the birthday sentiment from Designer Tee for the sentiment tag and a sentiment from Cottage Greetings for the flap!



Of course, with all the flourishes, I had to find a really big envelope to fit it, but I had one in my stash!  I can't wait to make another one!  And I did some fiddling with the stitched shape framelits to create rectangles!  Hopefully I can show you how to do that soon!

Cassidy went ice skating for the first time yesterday and she did really well!  Although when she came home, she did tell me she was sore all over...she did fall a couple of times!


Mommy and Wayne helped out!


Thanks for visiting today!

Project Details
Stamps Flower Shop, Designer Tee (2017 SAB), Cottage Greetings
Card stock & Papers     Flirty Flamingo, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Affectionately Yours DSP
 Ink Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder, Flirty Flamingo, So Saffron, Pool Party
Accessories
Tools     Window Sheets, Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Pansy Punch, Tearin' Strip Adhesive

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I've made one once when I first started making cards ... a birthday card for my granddaughter! Yours is fantastic, LeAnne!! LOve those blooms, and all the fun colors! The neighborhood kids are skating on our pond... bring Cassidy!
=]

Unknown said...

Your card in a box is gorgeous! You didn't get carried away at all - it's perfect. I love the combo of papers you used and the flowers and sentiments. I have not made one - maybe someday.

*Vicki* said...

Your box card is absolutely gorgeous!! I do love this flower set so much! The colors you've used are just stunning with this!! These box cards are so fun and not as complicated as what they may appear at first! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh how fun and beautifully done!! Love your box of blooms LeAnne!!

Unknown said...

This is truly gorgeous, LeAnne! Love your choice of flowers and papers. Makes it "fun" too. Now I'm inspired. I've not tried one of these yet. My sister would love to get one. Yet again, thanks for the inspiration.

JoAnn said...

Great job on your first box card. It is so pretty with those papers and pretty flowers. They are fun to make.

stampwithsandy said...

Wowza, what a stunning project, LeAnne! Kudos to you for having the patience to put this all together. I hope this is going to someone very special who will appreciate it. Though I think I would keep it for myself, lol!