Friday, January 27, 2017

CCMC442


Happy Friday, peeps!  I was excited to see the color challenge at Create with Connie & Mary (now at a "new" FB location) because it is so bright and cheery, it almost makes me forget I have a cold and the skies are still kinda gray!  What do you think:

Image may contain: text

I also used the Freshly Made Sketches sketch:


These colors just seemed to fit with the images of the cute new set, Day at the Beach, so I did some stamping, punching, diecutting and coloring:


Each image was stamped in the challenge colors and colored with marker, blender pen and/or aquapainter!  I used a sentiment from Suite Sentiments, the big sun from Kinda Eclectic and the horizontal element is from Butterfly Basics.  Isn't it fun to mix and match elements from different sets?


And the inside sentiment is from Avant Garden:


Another card to add to my birthday stash!

Wayne brought home some amazing strawberries last night (he works for a wholesale produce company) and Cassidy decided to try a little trick she saw on her tablet from Life Hacks.  She took a drinking straw and pushed it up from the bottom, through the strawberry, to take out the hull.  It was a little tricky to get it pushed straight through; she needed some help from Mommy, but it worked!!


And she took a big bite out it before I could take a picture!!!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details
Stamps Day at the Beach, Avant Garden, Butterfly Basics, Timeless Textures, Suite Sentiments, Kinda Eclectic
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Emerald Envy
 Ink Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Emerald Envy
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Scallop and Circle Punches, Blender Pens, Aquapainter, Pacific Point Marker

13 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I just got this set last week and have done nothing. Yesterday I had a request to make 5 cards. Today you sent me the inspiration for at least three. Now I have to find two more challenges! I think "JAI" might be one of them...quite similar to "C & M". I might use "FMS" but not sure yet. Have a blessed weekend and get rid of that cold once and for all!

libbystamps said...

Oh. My. Gosh. This is a GREAT card LeAnne - I LOVE it! Thanks for joining Create with Connie and Mary as we transition with these changes!

*Vicki* said...

So awesome! Really great take on the colors LeAnne!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! :)

Jenny Engelke said...

Really fun and sunny card using these awesome, vibrant colors, LeAnne! Thanks for playing with us this week at CCMC!

I Card Everyone said...

Summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime!!! and GORGEOUS!!!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Totally fun card! Love the bright colors! And oh I love those flip flop days!

Jen Mitchell said...

These bright colors remind me that summer isn't all THAT far off! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Lisa Martz said...

Such a great card! I can't wait for warmer weather! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

Colleen Begley said...

Super fun and super creative! Love it.

Connie Babbert said...

What a FUN card!!! Love that set and now I'm wishing I did get it! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary Color Challenge this week!

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a cheerful and fun card! Love how you interpreted this week's sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Karren said...

What a fabulous, bright and cheerful card, LeAnne! Perfect for our summer down here and hopefully made you feel a bit warmer :) Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lisa Elton said...

I want to go wherever this is on your fun card!! After the white out we had this morning, I'm ready for summer and flip flops!! Penelope would have been ALL over that strawberry too. The baby girl loves her fruit!!