Sunday, January 22, 2017

Paper Players 328


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Jaydee is our Paper Players hostess today with a sweet clean and simple challenge:


I am pretty sure this is my third attempt at a card for this challenge; I had so many ideas, I just couldn't decide on which one to choose!  In the end, this one won out;


I was inspired by Darnell's NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!) challenge to use watercolor pencils on kraft paper.  I got this Stamplorations set (Faith Expressions) before Christmas and hadn't inked it up yet, so I got some white embossing powder and SU's White Craft ink and went to work:


I used SU's new watercolor pencils and although they are nice, other than the fact that they have SU color names, they aren't much different than the pencils they had many years ago.  Here, I used Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Early Espresso and Pumpkin Pie.  I blended them with an aquapainter.  I added a little bit of speckle on the card base, a mat of Early Espresso, some stitched Daffodil Delight ribbon and a faith sentiment.  This Bible verse, one of my favorites, is also part of the set and stamped on the inside:


So, I hope you can play with us this week and show us your clean and simple floral creations!  The DT has some spectacular samples!  Be sure to check them out too!

·        Claire
·        Jaydee
·        Joanne
·        Laurie
·        Nance 
·        Sandy
·        Crystal
·        Valentyna
·        Deanne

Cassidy has been practicing her reading and is getting better every day!  We barely got home from running errands, and she was at the table checking out her new book!



Enjoy your day!
Project Details
Stamps Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret), Faith Expressions (Stamplorations)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
 Ink Craft White, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand
Accessories Stitched Daffodil Delight Ribbon (ret)
Tools     White Empbossing Powder, Heat Tool, Aquapainter, Watercolor Pencils (SU)

12 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! I have never tried coloring on kraft but you have inspired me. That image is just beautiful embossed in white. I see you are on a yellow and green, too! Have a great day :)

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. Love the pretty sunflowers and the sentiment.
Cassidy looks like she is having fun reading her books.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so pretty! I know what you mean about too many ideas and colors! Wasn't the coloring on Kraft a fun challenge! I love your gorgeous flowers and the color combo! The sentiment is just perfect! It warms my heart to see Cassidy reading! Wishing you a fantastic week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a pretty card LeAnne - love the yellow with the Espresso and kraft and your verse is truly uplifting. I've never tried pencils on kraft, I think I might have to visit Darnell's challenge too for more inspiration!

laurie said...

I haven't done that technique in a long time. It's so fun! I really like the yellow and green with the Kraft...SO pretty!

Have fun reading:)

Nance Leedy said...

The watercolors on kraft paper is gorgeous--the white embossing gives it a whitewash, shabby chic look that is perfect with the sunflowers. Gorgeous card, LeAnne. Love seeing Cassidy reading--keep it up super girl!

Pam Sparks said...

what a great idea to use watercolor pencils LeAnne! Easier to use embossing powder that way for flowers anyway on kraft! hehe Beautiful card!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a pretty card LeAnne! I like the sunny ribbon you added. Love that Cassidy is enjoying her reading. Penelope loves books too!

Darnell said...

Aw, look how big Cassidy is getting and what a good girl to enjoy her reading! (Those look like great illustrations, too!) I really love your design, LeAnne! The white-embossed floral is a perfect choice for cp/k. I love the size of it as the focal point and how you have matted it, added the sediment, the simple ribbon, and the awesome splatters! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8 and for joining in the optional theme! Hugs, Darnell

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, what a brilliant creation, LeAnne! Your kraft and sunny colors together are amazing. You have a very sweet reader :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

LOVE the white embossing on kraft - and the colouring on top that = stunning!!!!!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love the colors of your card and that embossed focal panel is gorgeous. The little touch of stitched ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. Thank you for rocking my challenge this week with this wonderful card
Hugs
Jaydee