Tuesday, January 17, 2017

SIP 82 with AYSI 141 Birthday


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's time for another Stamp Ink Paper challenge....and a cool one it is:

No automatic alt text available.
SU's Serene Scenery has lots of awesome natural-looking papers, and I think that this pretty-hued barn siding is my favorite:


It looks really real too!  I added some other natural elements:  burlap, canvas, and well, not a real feather, but a stamped one!  The letters are from Papertrey, the sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs, and the feather is from Stamplorations.  You can see also that I sponged a tiny bit of Crumb Cake ink on the canvas panel:

 

And I used the sketch from As You See It (which had been on a break, but is BACK!), using a different orientation:



And since this card is for Dana's boyfriend Wayne (I like to call them Wayna!!!!) I thought I would share a picture of them together.....he is a real sweetheart, we all love him!


 I sure hope you will share your "natural" creation with us at Stamp Ink Paper....we can't wait to see what you make, and be sure to check out the DT's creations as well!

Project Details
Stamps Vignette: Trendy Feathers (Stamplorations), Mini Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Serene Scenery DSP, Canvas Sheets (ret SU)
 Ink Pool Party, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Accessories Wide Burlap
Tools     Big Shot, Lower Case Alphabet Dies (Papertrey), Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Squares Framelits, Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

First of all, your daughter is beautiful and Wayne DOES look like a nice guy! Second, thanks for the link to a challenge on Friday of which I was not aware. Thirdly, you know how much I want to participate in the SIP challenge...maybe this weekend. Thanks, also, for sharing your lovely card.

Wendy said...

This is a wonderful masculine card, LeAnne! I'm sure Wayna is going to love it! That dsp is so pretty and I love the burlap banner! Pretty cool! TFS and hope you have a good day! I'm headed to the hospital to stay with hubby overnight. I think he's getting cabin fever!

Jan Clothier said...

So delighted that you've joined us again for our first challenge back! Really nice masculine card. I just love that background paper - it looks as though if you touched it, you'd get a splinter! Your attention to detail is superb - even the white square is linen textured. Great job and thanks for joining us at As You See It.

Heather Cooper said...

It's so good to see you back again, LeAnne! I love how well all the design elements work together, and the texture is amazing! This is a perfect masculine card, right down to the sentiment: hb celebrate! Thanks for joining us again at As You See It Challenges!

Lisa Elton said...

The visual texture on this is fantastic LeAnne! I'm in love with the colors too. Pretty card and a pretty couple too!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Stunning card, LeAnne! Colors and textures are fabulous!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at AYSI, good luck!!! Amy DT

Amy Jasper said...

This is lovely! That background paper is my favourite from the Serene Scenery stack. I wish they had more of it!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the As You See It Challenge blog.

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi LeAnne! What a beauty this card is! I love the paper and that burlap! But your feather is awesome! I want that! Stunning! Thanks for joining us at As You See It! Congrats on your winning pick on AYSI!