Thursday, January 26, 2017

Hey, Hey Chick!


Hi peeps!  Winding down the week....hope it's been a good one!  I have a few cards I've made with the SAB set Hey, Chick....what a fun set!  We have a friend who celebrated his birthday recently, and we love to give each other a hard time, so I made him this card:


I drew the little cracks on the egg....because he IS a little cracked!  I used an aquapainter and some inks to color my crazy chick and his dozen friends:


I can't take credit for the next card; I CASed it directly from the SU website!  But I did add the "chicken wire" stamp from Butterfly Basics across my Pool Party banner for a little extra addition:


Isn't this little dude adorable?


And finally, the last chick in the set.....I colored her with some watercolor pencils, mounted the image on some Serene Scenery and stamped the sentiment on the opposite side of the paper; it sort of looks like twill tape:


And again, I stamped the honeycomb image from Butterfly Basics directly on the DSP:


Thanks for "chicking" in today!!!

It was so nice yesterday afternoon, we took a bike ride and blew off some steam running around the yard and playing on the swings!



Have a blessed day!

Project Details
Stamps Hey, Chick, Butterfly Basics
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Cajun Craze, Serene Scenery DSP, Perfectly Plaid Winter DSP (Lawn Fawn)
 Ink Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Cajun Craze, Smoky Slate, Sahara Sand, Crushed Curry
Accessories Linen Thread, Orange & White Baker's Twine
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Banner Punch

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Love all of these, as well as your punny sense of humor. I'm sure your friend will laugh at his card. Cassidy's outfit makes me want to make a card :-) Have another fun day today.

Doris said...

Love what you've done with this set, LeAnn. Adding the cracks on the one egg was a clever idea. Glad you and Cassidy got a chance to enjoy the mild weather, too.

I Card Everyone said...

You are really cracking me up with these darling Chicks, LeAnne!!! Every card is adorable - especially LOve your coloring on that last chick!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

That crazy haired chicken on the first card is a hoot!! Looks like the perfect card for your friend. Love the second one, that's a cute image. These are all fun LeAnne! Looks like Cassidy enjoyed her day outside!

*Vicki* said...

No pun intended, but these really crack me up!! :) I love that top card with his "crazy" hair!! Super fun designs LeAnne!! HUGS

stampwithsandy said...

Your cards are adorable!!! Love them all, but first card is hysterical!

Linda Callahan said...

Ok these cards make me smile! So adorable and so perfectly done!

pickylady said...

All your cards are so very adorable!

Ruth said...

Funny and special cards....
Wonderful...
Greetings from Ruth