Sunday, January 29, 2017

PP329 Apple-y Thanks


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Joann is our hostess for the Paper Players today, and I have to tell you, this sketch really threw me for a loop!  BUT.....I persevered and managed to come up with something that I really love!


I recently got some cute BoBunny papers called Kiss the Cook...lots of cute patterns...and in the end, I decided on these country gingham and quilt patterns:


The smaller apples were punched from another piece of the BoBuny paper; I diecut some stitched squares and mounted them on top.  The large apple is from Papertrey; it was stamped in Riding Hood Red on Whisper White cardstock and fussy-cut to be mounted on the larger square:


The sentiment from Jars of Love looked like a good fit! The only other thing I added was some baker's twine, as the patterns are pretty busy!  I need several thank you cards in the next few days, so I'm off to a good start!  


I can't wait for you to check out what the other designers did with this sketch...and share yours with us as well!

·        Claire
·        Jaydee
·        Joanne
·        Laurie
·        Nance 
·        Sandy
·        Crystal
·       Valentyna
·        Deanne

Mommy loves owls, so Cassidy made one for her in art class....isn't it cool?!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!
Project Details
Stamps Papertrey Apple; Jars of Love
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Confetti Cream, Whisper White, Kiss the Cook DSP (BoBunny)
 Ink Riding Hood Red, Early Espresso
Accessories Pool Party Baker's Twine
Tools     Old Olive and Early Espresso Markers; Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, dimensionals

15 comments:

JoAnn said...

Your card is so cute. Love the papers and the colors, and those sweet apples.
Cassidy did a great job making her owl.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I would never know this sketch stumped you! This card is fantastic! I love the patterned papers and apples. The color combo is perfect! It makes me think of Fall. At first, I thought you created the quilt pattern. WOW! Cassidy's Mommy will love her new owl! She did a great job! Have a wonderful week, My Friend! XX

Unknown said...

Got to be honest here...I love your cards but love your blog even more for pictures of Cassidy...the owl is incredible and matches her eyes and shirt to a T! Mommy will treasure it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Well, I never would have guessed you struggled with my sketch this week LeAnne - you totally rocked it! I love the homely feel of your card with the plaid and apples and the layering of the stitched diamonds works a treat! A great take on my sketch, my friend. I love Cassidy's owl too - that's a lucky Mummy!

laurie said...

Apples and checks....love the country feel..so homey and cute!What a fun idea LeAnne! Love that cute owl too:)

Have a great week!

Dawn Tidd said...

This is an awesome card, LeAnne! I love the apples and the DSP is gorgeous. It's so bright and cheery. The "thanks" image is perfect to go along with it too!

Cassidy's owl is awesome too! I bet her mommy was happy with that project!

Tracey McNeely said...

What an awesome card LeAnne I just love all of those apples. Look at Cassidy missing teeth she is growing up! xo

Lorraine said...

Great job with that sketch. And Cassidy looks so proud of her owl. Love it!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

How bright and happy this card is?!!! Love the quilted background and sweet apples are fantastic.

Brent Scheffer said...

This one of the most Summer-like and friendly cards I have ever seen! Great!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness, gingham, apples and turquoise doesn't get any cuter than this! Great use of the diamonds in the sketch--they threw me for a loop too. Love what you did with them--your stamping is perfection.

Lisa Elton said...

What cute paper!! I love everything about this card LeAnne, so sweet. Look at Cassidy's owl, wow did she ever do a great job!! Bet Dana LOVES it!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this! So warm and cozy! And the owl is fabulous!

stampwithsandy said...

My you are such a productive stamper, LeAnne! I had to scroll for a while to find your Paper Players post! Absolutely love this. The apples, patchwork and gingham have such a country feel. Cassidy's owl is pretty awesome, too!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Ooooooohh - I love your card LeAnne! The apples are so cute!