Sunday, January 8, 2017

Paper Players 326 Recycled Thanks


Happy Sunday, peeps!  The Paper Players are back after a holiday break, and I am the first hostess of the year!  I've chosen a "recycling" theme...recycle something on your project--maybe an embellishment, a ribbon or tag!  It could even be something from the mail or an old book!  Use your imagination!


My recycled item was a note card sent home by Cassidy's teacher....I just could not let that gorgeous glittery gold sentiment go to waste!  I trimmed the card down, mounted it on a piece of gold foil cardstock (cut the center of it out to use for another project) and put it on a Dapper Denim card:


I had just received this pretty gold ribbon available through Sale-a-bration, so I cut a slit under the "t" and at the fold in the card and slid it through.  My final embellishment was to add two stars from Every Occasion, stamped in Dapper Denim also, and embellished with a tiny dot of champagne glimmer paper:


I hope you'll find something to recycle on a card, and that you'll share it with us at the Players!  Meanwhile, check out what the others did...and we have new guest designers, so you'll want to say hi to them as well!
A little snow, a two-hour school delay, cold temps but no wind=sledding fun!


Enjoy your day!

Project Details
Stamps Every Occasion
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Dapper Denim, Gold Foil, Champagne Glimmer Paper
 Ink Dapper Denim
Accessories 3/8" Gold Metallic Ribbon (2017 SAB)
Tools     1/8" Hold Punch, Dimensionals

14 comments:

laurie said...

First off, I love your challenge idea..this is so fun!

And your card is awesome...I love the gold and the way you added the ribbon too. Looks great with the dapper denim.

Sledding looks so fun! I'm off to check out what else you guys have been up too over the holidays;)

Dawn Tidd said...

Great idea for using that sentiment…hate to waste it it's so gorgeous! Love your cute additions with the stars and ribbon too. As always, Cassidy looks adorable and I love her coat with the furry hat!!

Wendy said...

This card is beautiful, LeAnne! Love how you recycled the sentiment and made another great card! The Dapper Denim & Gold are amazing together and that ribbon....pure yumminess! (Can't wait for mine to arrive!) Sledding looks like fun and haven't done that in well....many years! Stay warm...this weather is downright brutal!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that glittery thank you LeAnne and perfectly paired with the blue - I would not have been able to resist recycling it either! I particularly like the way you threaded the ribbon through to attach it too - very clever. Such a fun and creative challenge you've set this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh you are right--this glittery sentiment is too pretty to throw away. I love the way you've slit the letter to secure the ribbon--such a clever idea. Also love dapper denim with the gold--such a fresh color combination. What a great challenge for the new year...wishing you a happy, happy one, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

No way could you throw out that pretty notecard! Love the way you've repurposed it and fancied it up! That's a mighty cute little snow bunny you have there!!

*Vicki* said...

So beautiful LeAnne!! Really love the sparkle on this! :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty, indeed. I like bed your theme challenge this week and so glad I was able to play along after all.

I've been stuck at the airport all day. First flight cancelled and rebooked one delayed twice now. Ugh!

stampwithsandy said...

What a great challenge this is LeAnne! I'm having so much fun trying to guess the recycled item on each card. I guessed that yours was the ribbon. Wrong! But you were right, that sparkly sentiment was just too pretty to throw away!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

LeAnne, this is one lovely thank you card! Never thought that blue and gold could look that beautiful way! Thank you for the challenge :)

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! What a fantastic way to recycle that gorgeous gold sentiment! I love it! This is such a fun challenge. Great idea for the start of the New Year! Look at all that snow. I know Cassidy is having a blast. Wish I could play with her! Hoping 2017 is off to a great start, My Friend! XX

Lorraine said...

What a beautiful way to recycle that glittery image. I love how you added the ribbon and I also love that you cut out the center of the gold foil. Great way to get all you can out of those specialty papers.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

SO pretty! Loving all that gold and how you placed the ribbon behind the "t".

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, love the photo of Cassidy - I bet she had tremendous fun sledding :-) I love that glittery thank you and that you were able to recycle it and it works so well with the little touch of ribbon. The gold with the blue is a stunning combo. Fabulous card, my friend
hugs
jaydee