Friday, April 19, 2013

SC65 & HSS157 Celebrate!

DSCF4293-001
Yay---it’s Friday and it’s supposed to be a beautiful day today!  Here’s a bright cheerful card that I made for a couple of new recruits in my downline:
DSCF4294
It uses the sketch from Stampin’ Celebration and the color challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments:




I guess there aren’t many green daisies out in the real world, but in the stamping world, I can make my flowers any color I want!!!  Decorate A Daisy got star billing here, along with Fabulous Phrases;  I used some canvas for a banner, heat embossed my sentiment and glittered up my flower’s center:

DSCF4295

And here’s the inside:

DSCF4296

Part of the reason that one of my downline had a recruit was that at the Baltimore Regionals, they issued a challenge for any of the guests (and their demos),  if they signed up right then and there!  So one of the Wee Inkers had a guest and she signed up!  Congrats to both Lynda AND Donna!  Of course, SU has extended that promotion, and if you sign up between now and May 30, you get an extra $30 to spend in your kit…that means you get $155 worth of product for $99! (Hostesses that have a $350 party get an extra $30 to spend too!)  If you’re interested, give me a shout---my email is at the top right corner of my blog!

Speaking of Regionals…..I totally forgot to photograph my swaps, but I did take pictures of the little gifts I gave my downline:

DSCF4007

DSCF4008

This little hat was a total CASE from the fabulously creative Vicky Hayes; her sample is here.  I changed mine up a wee bit, adding some embossing and shading.  I also CASEd a little bottle cap project from Inking Idaho; the original was a scissors charm, but I didn’t have the wherewithal to run out and buy those little ball chains, so I just made mine into a magnet!

DSCF4012

I used images from Collage Curios and Tiny Tags, added Crystal Effects and a wee bit of glitter.  The hole was punched beforehand with my Crop-a-Dile and I added some Summer Starfruit ribbon. 
Wednesday afternoon was just glorious!  Cassidy spent some time trying to catch some bubbles:

DSCF4242

DSCF4247

DSCF4248

Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Cori Kozak said...

This card just makes me smile! It's so pretty and cheerful! I love all of the little details. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!!

Bonnie said...

What sweet sunshine on a cloudy day!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such a beautiful sunny card. This is a great sketch too. I love the touch of canvas and glitter on your card. This challenge is a new one to me....is it using SU product only?
Congrats on a new recruit on your team. The gifts you gave your downline are adorable and I know they loved them.
What fun chasing bubbles on a beautiful sunny day. Looks like Cassidy enjoyed herself.

Kara said...

looks like you made the most of a beautiful day!! love your card...those birds, of course...:) the colors are great!

~Erica~ said...

Well, I adore EVERYTHING you make and always look forward to your post each day! So, this card is no different. ;-)I love the springy feel to this card and you really balanced the colors well. And, you might have convinced me that i need this set! Thanks so much for playing BOTH SCIC and HSS! :-)

inkypinkies said...

You effortlessly combined all those bright colors! I like that you used the canvas creations for ribbon too, and I love the gingham center for the flower. And your samples from Regionals! Adorable! Thanks for playing with HSS :) Erika

Krista said...

Super cute card! I love all the details on the flower and the sweet bird! Thanks for joining us at HSS!!

Erin Gonzales said...

Super ADORBS! I love the card and the swaps are seriously cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at SC and HSS!!

Elizabeth Price said...

Totally awesome and delightful. I really love the addition of the bird and how he appears to be flying toward the flower. It's is great to have you join our color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Rochelle said...

What a wonderful card! I don't have the Decorate a Daisy stamp set and I keep looking at it...and now I see another cute card using it..add it to the list! Thanks for playing at SCIC with us!

Stampin' Celebration said...

Congrats on being the "Pick of the Party" over at Stampin' Celebration! Make sure and grab your badge and check out the new challenge for May! :)