Monday, April 29, 2013

Pink Paper Bakery

DSCF4420
Hey wee ones!  Two posts today!  (If you're looking for my Merry Monday card, you can check it out here!)

I was thrilled when Deena from Pink Paper Bakery asked me to be a guest designer today!  I have been wanting to revisit an old technique that I learned when I first started stamping---Dazzling Diamond Dust!  This is a real simple technique but it has a big “wow” factor!

Basically, you stamp your image…a brightly-colored one works best!  Cover the entire image with Versamark ink--just go pat, pat, pat with the ink pad allll over your stamped surface. Then cover the entire area with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  Heat it up….and watch the sparkle!!!  Make sure you heat all the areas of the card.  Here’s my sample:

DSCF4416

I stamped the floral image from Blooming with Kindness in Calypso Coral, then added two butterflies from Papillon Potpourri.  I colored them with a Tangerine Tango marker, then did the Diamond Dust technique.  I matted it with Basic Black and mounted it on an embossed Calypso Coral panel.  Can you see the sparkle here?
DSCF4418

I dyed some seam binding with Calypso Coral ink and made a shabby bow to finish it off!  I hope you’ll try this too!  Thanks for visiting today!

DSCF4380

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

A beautiful confection sprinkled in sparkling sugar! Gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, LeAnne! Love all the sparkle and that gorgeous bow!

Denise Willerton said...

I LOVE this card and technique...been awhile for me on this one as well...guess what I'll be doing tonight. Think I'll take a peek at my stamp sets or CASE this if I may! Cassidy I adore those little flip flops...and those toes! Have a wonderful day my friend ~ TFS *hugs*

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, LeAnne! I love how bright and cheery it is, and love the dyed ribbon! Thanks for sharing with us :)

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! LeAnne, this is such a gorgeous creation!! LOVE the dazzling diamonds affect here and that color is so BEAUTIFUL!!

lisa808 said...

So pretty and sparkly! I have never tried this. Thanks for introducing me to this technique.

Frenchie said...

ooh yes vary pretty Ms LeeAnn, ,
tfs
hugs frenchie ,

Kara said...

LOVE the sparkle!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card LeAnne, just the right amount of sparkle.

MarvA1ix said...

Very jazzy! I have not done that technique in years and must try it again soon. Great card.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful cheery card. So glad to see you back at it. I love that scrunched dyed bow. I've got to try this Diamond Dust technique - looks so pretty.

Terry said...

That's one of my favorite techniques because everything sparkles and shines! This color is a WOW! And your bow treatment is great.

Patti said...

This is a favorite technique of mine that I haven't used in quite a while. Your beautiful card inspires me.