Tuesday, April 2, 2013

ColourQ183

DSCF3694

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Whee…..back go the temps, down, down, down….I think we are going to skip spring altogether this year, just go from winter to summer!  But hopefully after seeing Arielle’s sweet color inspiration today, you’ll feel like spring!  What do you think:

It took me about two years to warm up to Blushing Bride, and now I am so sad that it has retired!  I still have some scraps of DP and cardstock, so I thought the sketch from Retrosketches would be a perfect fit:

So here we go:

LeAnne_CQC183

And GUESS WHAT????!!!!  I actually used My Digital Studio for part of this card!  Yahoo!  At the reduced price of $19.95, I broke down and got it, and I have been having fun playing with it!  I love that you can resize your images and sentiments….and that’s what I did with this little “hello” speech bubble!  I have only begun to scratch the surface of all the benefits of it.  (My only sadness is that they don’t have Soft Sky or Cool Caribbean….maybe if I whine enough, they’ll add them!  Cranberry Crisp would be nice, too!)  This is a great sketch to use up DP scraps!!!   I cut mine down to 1” wide, then played around until I got the length I liked and added 1/8” for the mats.  The heart is from the owl punch; the owl is from the Itty Bitties, and the sentiment is from the MDS set called Celebrate Any Day.

I hope you’ll play along with these lovely springy colors…I know you’ll enjoy them as much as I did!  Share your project with us at the ColourQ blog where you’ll also see what the designers made too!  Can’t wait!

Several of you had information on the embossing folder on this card I shared with you from my friend Doris on Sunday—thank you so much!  It is made by Darice, and if you look in the comments screen, a couple people mentioned where to find it as well as the name of it.  Thanks for the info as well as the interest!  I’ll be getting mine soon!

A couple of pix from my ornery little bunny:

DSCF3610DSCF3609

DSCF3611 

Enjoy your day!

15 comments:

Bev Gomez said...

Oh my so cute and MDS wow I am impressed. The pics of Cassidy are so charming. She is turning into the cutest little girl instead of a baby. I hope I can play in these cute challenges and actually post them. I did that last one but can't figure out how to post them. GRRR! Good for you for figuring out MDS! Bev

Frenchie said...

BEAUITIFUL Cassady , just like her Mommy !! and your
cards !!! soo inspiring !!! Ms LeeAnn ,
have a nice day !!
hugs frenchie,

Kristi said...

LeAnne,
This is so pretty! I have to admit, I saw that sketch earlier and I have no idea how I would have done anything with it,but you nailed it!

Sharon Madsen said...

Your little bunny is growing like a weed! What a doll she is.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne..... oh... yes...MDS!!!!! Way to go. Now, I need to go find that speech bubble!
Fabulous card and I think you rocked the challenge. I was unsure what to do, but you made it look easy.
I cannot believe how Cassady is growing! She's gorgeous
hugs
jaydee

Amy O said...

What a great card, LeAnne! I love the speech bubble and your color scheme. I'm so proud of you for using MDS. That was one of my resolutions for this year -- well, I guess I still have 9 more months, right?

jengd said...

Great color blocks and fun pix!

Linda Callahan said...

Prettiest blue eyes on the block! She looks more like her mom every day! And I did buy MDS but that's as far as I got......your card is sweet - and I love the fact that you can make conversation bubbles!

Unknown said...

ADORABLE! See, I never cared for Pretty in Pink, still don't! LOL. Bummer about Blushing Bride :( I miss poppy Parade, too! Gosh does your DGD look grown up or what? What happened to that baby? Hope you are having a wonderful week, LeAnne! and a Happy Easter too:)

Bonnie said...

I love your arrangement of papers and the speech bubble! And that Cassidy has the prettiest smile!

Jen Mitchell said...

Look at you with the MDS!! And you totally nailed this sketch :)

Carol L said...

Great job with the MDS, and you get two BIG thumbs up to the Cool Caribbean and Soft Sky!! Those are 2 of my all-time favorite SU! colors!! Just look at that great big smile on Cassidy's face! What a cutie pie :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card leAnne. I love those blocks of colour!

Margaret Moody said...

I love this card, LeAnne! Such a great way to use up scraps and I love the happy colors!

Denise Willerton said...

cutie patootie....Love the card LeAnne, such a great use of scraps!!! ~ I too have been playing a bit with MDS, but haven't posted anything..working on books for all our grandsons! TFS and have a wonderful day *hugs*