Sunday, April 28, 2013

Paper Players 143

DSCF4483

Happy Sunday, peeps!  I have missed you all! I am feeling a little better, but the pollen is really wreaking havoc with my allergies this spring!  I was happy to do some stamping to take my mind off of them.   Ann has a lovely sketch for us today over at the Paper Players!  Let’s take a look at it:

I was able to move some of my stamping stuff back into my “remodeled” craft room but before I did, I broke out my new This and That Epic Day DP to make a vintage-looking Father’s Day card:

PP143-LeAnne

Wow, this paper is fabulous for someone who loves vintage-y stuff like ME!  I added some collage stamping from The Open Sea, although you wouldn’t need to----it’s rustic-looking just as it is! I even stamped the ship and anchor images on some of it, both in Basic Gray:

DSCF4486

The sentiment is from Delightful Dozen, and I colored it in with a marker:

0

I cut some strips to make my banners and mounted the whole card on a Basic Gray card base.  This sketch is so much fun….and you can make the focal point any shape at all!  Be sure to check out the Paper Players blog to see how the other designers interpreted it, and play along with us!!'

Enjoying a little outdoor snack!

DSCF4421DSCF4428

DSCF4422

Have a blessed day!

23 comments:

Judith said...

So happy you are back and feeling better. I think the pollen has been awful everywhere. Hope every day is better for you.

Love the card and the pictures of Cassidy.

Happy Sunday.

Kara said...

you're so great at making masculine cards!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great card! Love that Anchor and the nautical theme.
Can Cassidy get any cuter.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Great vintage Man card! I love the paper too! I am going to have to use this layout LOVE IT!

Hugs
Shirley

Linda Callahan said...

I so need to move to PA! Loved it there when my daughter was in college - your leaves are out, Cassidy is having a picnic - and I would learn how to do s/s/s to make beautiful creations!

Frenchie said...

ooh my , my ,my !! love that BEAUITIFUL card , LeAnne.
wow !!
and lets not forget that BEAUITIFUL grand daughter ,so sweet ,
you also have blessed day !!!
tfs
hugs frenchie ,

mudmaven said...

So stunning! Hang in there with your allergies. Remember - it could be snowing! ~chris

Kristi said...

Oh I love this card! It is so elegant and handsome! Hope you are feeling better soon;we have been fighting with pollen here too!

Mary Hogenmiller said...

LeAnne--Love the card! It was the perfect mix of colors and textures for a Father's day card! And Cassidy is the cherry on top ;-) Great work.

Cheryl Mooney said...

Ohhh, WOW! What a beautiful, beautiul card.

Elaine M said...

Oh LeAnne - your card is fantastic! Love everything about it!
(there may be 2 comments from me - there was a weird blip when I sent the first one so didn't know if it went through or not - computers!!!????)

Justin said...

Glad you are feeling better! I missed you. My allergies don't start until September. Love the card and that is my first SU! set and still a favorite! :-)

Amy O said...

You are the Queen of taking dsp and making it more beautiful by stamping on it. This card is just beautiful, LeAnne! Love it!

Bananastamper said...

Fabulous Father's Day card and a fantastic sketch! I love how you've used the anchor as an accent!

Ann Schach said...

This is absolutely stunning, LeAnne! I have never seen a more beautiful masculine card...ever!!!

Brian King said...

LeAnne, This card is absolutely beautiful! The shading and distressing are wonderful, but I most love how you "stepped up" the DSP background. Stunning.

Bonnie said...

Wow! I love how you've used this set in the layout, especially with the anchor front and center!

Anonymous said...

OH wowzer LeAnne!! This is so gorgeous!! Brilliant take on that sketch!! I love it!! :)

Nance Leedy said...

This is shabb-i-licous, LeAnne! Love how you've combined these papers--especially love the pleated banner. I agree it's so interesting to see two totally different cards with the same paper pack! As usual, you rock the collage stamping!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, Leanne, this card is amazing! So many layers yet you managed to keep it very masculine. And I love how you stamped right on the DSP, brilliant! Hugs :) Sandy

Terry said...

Beautiful card. I love the dsp, the cut-out anchor and brad... all of it!

Hugs,

Terry

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne,I honestly don't know what to say. When I originaly saw your card I was smitten with it. I love every sinle detail you added to this one! :)

Denise Willerton said...

What a fabulous Fathers Day card LeAnne ~ Love how you collage stamped unto the DSP! Looks wonderful as well as the rest of the card! Enjoy your day my friend!