Monday, April 8, 2013

PDCC176 & IHS013

DSCF3914

Howdy, peeps!  I am sneaking in another creation this day---and then I am going to spend some time outside because, finally, it is BEAUTIFUL!  I have two challenges today that, while they are not new, I don’t believe I ever participated in either one:

The Play Date Café with this incredibly beautiful neutral palette:

and I {Heart} Sketches:

I needed a masculine birthday card as my stash is almost depleted, so I gathered some krafty-colored DPs and went to work:

DSCF3915

Can you believe that this image AND background, as well as the “burlapy” DP is all from MDS?  I am excited!  I love this look!  Even the fold lines are MDS!

DSCF3916

I added some piercing on the reverse side of the DPs and smudged them with a dauber and some ink to bring them out a bit (and I added some where there weren’t any on the sketch—ooops!):

DSCF3917

and then added a mat, brad, Natural Ribbon and some corrugated paper to complete the rustic look!  Although I love stamping, this is fun to do too!  If you have any questions about what I used here, just shoot me an email!   Enjoy your day and be sure to come back for the ColourQ challenge tomorrow!

Matching them up!

DSCF3784

12 comments:

Kara said...

great masculine card!

Bonnie said...

I need to play with this MDS. I have the old one and never did anything with it! Too much to learn and too little time!

Evelyn S. said...

What a wonderful masculine card! Fabulous use of all those textures.

Kristi said...

Love all of the texture! I'm really loving the little peeks of corrugated paper and that great image!

Marisa said...

Totally brilliant masculine card, Deb!! Just love how you used the sketch!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oooohhhhh I love this neutral masculine card! All that vintagey goodness is fabulous as is all the texture you've added!

Sherry said...

What dsp is the burlapy look? This is awesome card.

Katherine said...

Absolutely terrific. YES, deets on the dsp are needed. If this was an MDS download, I totally missed seeing it. (sometimes there is almost too much there!) :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a wonderful masculine card. I love this image and the DPs. Also, great touch with the twine and corrugated paper.
Cassidy is growing up--too sweet.

Donna B. said...

Great masculine card! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

Anonymous said...

LeAnne,

This is fabulous! I am awaiting my MDS and can't wait to play with it. I love your hybrid approach- although we can create with MDS- we can still add all the embellishments!

Denise Willerton said...

what a fabulous card ~ MDS DSP...are you serious ~ I never thought to do this ~ fabulous and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the card ~ everything... TFS have a wonderful day