Tuesday, April 16, 2013

ColourQ 185

DSCF4179
Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Is it really spring where you are?  I saw some wintry pictures on FB yesterday---yikes!  It’s not quite that bad here in PA!  When I saw Arielle’s cool inspiration photo for this week, I was excited by the fun colors:
This would wake you up getting into the shower in the morning, wouldn’t it?  I took a more floral tack:
LeAnne_CQC185
The other CQC designers always do such a great job with florals, and for some reason, I struggle with them.  I saw this card yesterday and thought, “I can do that!!”  Although I didn’t do the detail that Darlene did on her beautiful card, I was inspired by her three panels and pretty flowers!  And since the colors are all very strong, I chose to use smaller solid images…and I love this effect!   I think this is a perfect card to cheer someone up!  A simple ribbon treatment and sentiment finished it up!  Any questions?  Shoot me an email!
Now, what can you come up with using these colors?  I cannot WAIT to see what you create…put on your creative thinking caps!  And be sure to check out what the CQC courtesans have conjured up as well over at the ColourQ blog!

Lining up the grapes:
DSCF4199
DSCF4197
DSCF4184

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Such a fun use of those bright colours :) Great card.

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! A shower of flowers! What a fun way to cheer someone up!

Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous design LeAnne!! The colors are so pretty! :)