Wednesday, April 3, 2013

FF15, STR160 & MIM

DSCF3750

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I swooned when I saw the challenge at the Shabby Tea Room this week:

Gorgeous!  I do love my blues!  I needed a couple of cards, so I used the Fab Friday sketch to make two similar cards:

SU’s April 25th Anniversary stamp set features butterflies, including the beautiful one from Strength & Hope.  I saved that set because I loved it and was so happy I did:

DSCF3749

I used Midnight Muse as my base, randomly stamping the butterfly and  images from Creative Elements on the card front.  The Crumb Cake piece was stamped with Distressed Dots in craft white and the swirl in Crumb Cake.  I cut the butterfly out by hand and adhered it to the front.  The embossed and diecut scallops at the bottom are embellished with MM stitched ribbon.  Here’s the inside:

DSCF3753

The second card is basically the same, I just used a different sentiment from Curly Cute and left off the second banner:

0

This is also for the Make it Monday challenge from The Kraft Journal, which is “Anything Goes”!  Thanks for visiting today!

DSCF3701

19 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous card! Love the layout! and colors. TFS

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty cards. I love the blues.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Wow, I love what you did with this sketch. The colors are wonderful and the stamping on the kraft makes this girl swoon. I never do that and I think you have taught me I need to as it looks fabulous.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card LeAnne!

Amy O said...

I love the beautiful blues in your card! I notice that I tend to gravitate to blues when card making, too. I love that inspiration photo! Your custom-made backgrounds are subtle, but so striking, and I love the embossed, scalloped edge at the bottom. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, LeAnne! Beautiful card!

Frenchie said...

wow Ms LeeAnn , love , love your card , I think it's a case ,if its ok ?? thanks for sharing ,
and that little pick a boo face , love it !! soo cute !!
have a nice day,
hugs frenchie

Katherine said...

I think I finally see one of your find collage stamping projects that I feel skilled enough to case! Love this layered stamping look!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne - those colors together are wonderful. Love Cassidy playing peek-a-boo. She is so adorable.

Kara said...

so pretty..love the floral stamped background on the dark blue paper!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Peek a boo to Cassidy - love that smiling face.
Wow these cards are gorgeous! I love the tone on tone stamping on both the Midnight Muse and Crumb Cake. The white dots add a cool extra. Love this combo and great sketch. You know how I love blue cards too.
Another case I think;)

Trudy Pope said...

Awesome card. I really like the distressed dots and swirl combo. I would never have thought to combine those two. You have a great blog. I visit it on a regular basis. Adorable grandchild too!

Rita W said...

Stunning! I love how the blue stands out.

Starr said...

Gorgeous card! Love the papers that you've used! Thanks for joining us at The Tea Room this week!

Linda Callahan said...

You sure know how to sing the blues :)

Maria said...

Gorgeous!!! Fabulous stamping for the background! Very lovely design and color, too!

♥Jan♥ said...

Love love love both cards. You are so talented !! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Kraft Journal !

Justin said...

Both of your cards are awesome! I love the colors, so rich! Thanks for playing with us at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Very pretty! Great colors and I love all the layering of the backgrounds! Very rich! Thanks for playing at Fab Fri!

Brenda Myers said...

Very pretty cards!! So many pretty details, love it!! Thank you for joining us @ Fab Friday!!!