Tuesday, April 9, 2013

ColourQ 184

DSCF3909

Happy Tuesday, everyone! It’s time for another ColourQ challenge!  Here you go:

I believe that Arielle said this purse from NM is $3000…..yikes!  I can assure you that I will not be purchasing this ever!!!  But it is cool, and although I found the colors a bit challenging, I persevered! 

LeAnne_CQC184

I went uber-CAS with this card, as I was making it for my little 3-year-old great-nephew!  Although the Blush Blossom is not a color I would typically use on a boy’s card, I knew HE wouldn’t care, and his mom would like it.  It was hand-delivered, too, so the little bell on his collar was not a problem!  The digital image was a freebie (email me if you want to know from where!) and I paper-pieced it with a plaid scrap I had laying around.   I ran some Blush Blossom and Creamy Caramel scraps through my Chevron EF and trimmed them down for my horizontal embellishment. I didn’t have any Going Gray cardstock, so I substituted Basic Gray.  And finally, the sentiment was computer-generated.

DSCF3910

I also used the fun sketch #205 from Unscripted Sketches for my layout:

SK174 US205

Hope you’ll come play along with us and have some fun with these trendy, fashionable colors!  Be sure to wiggle on over to the ColourQ blog to see what’s shakin’ there too!

Expressions……

DSCF3828DSCF3827

DSCF3830

DSCF3832

15 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

So CUTE!! And the card is too! :)

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, I just LOVE how you did your chevron embossing and cut...so awesome and how cute is that gingham pup I ask?!! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello friend!!

Linda said...

Adorable card and GD. So sweet!

kat said...

Very cool how you cut the chevrons; I don't think I could do the job as evenly as you did but now I'm gonna try cuz I love it! Could Cassidy be any sweeter? She's probably going to grow up to be a model as she's been photographed for so long it will be natural to her.

Katherine said...

Oh YES, I'd love to know where you got this image. I've got to CASE this. LOVE it.

Marisa said...

Such a cute card!! Love the paper pieced dog and you used the colours wonderfully!

Patti said...

It may be uber-CAS but there is nothing simple; this card is uber-WOW!! Love it. That dog is adorable. Would love to know where you got it.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Cute card. Great work with these colours. This little puppy is adorable -- love the paper piecing.
Cassidy looks so sweet in pink.

Anonymous said...

Too, too stinking' cute! ( The card and your little girl!) love the trimmed embossed chevrons and the jingle bell on his collar. What a cute way to use it!

Unknown said...

are you kidding me with a GINGHAM DOG? That is so stinkin' adorable! I love it and the chevrons are awesome :) The card is *almost* as cute as your DGD ;) *hugs*

Jen Mitchell said...

How stinkin' cute is this? That little pooch is adorable! I love how you paper pieced him in gingham!

dstandard said...

Loving those embossed chevrons and your cute pictures! Thanks for playing at US!

SmilynStef said...

Great use of those colors for your cute card design ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

Geri said...

Now this card is beyond cute but your sweet daughter's cuteness is off the charts. What fabulous photos - love her beautiufl blue eyes!

Now back to the card! Your paper piercing rocks, your chevron trimming rocks, your perfectly balanced design rocks....and the little bell just finishes this card off perfectly!

I would love to know where you got the image and would be thrilled if you would e-mail me the link. My e-mail is ggreener@mymts.net.

Thanks for choosing our Unsripted Sketch to showcase your amazing creative talent :)

As for the purse...perhaps in another life!

Patrice said...

That little puppy is too cute - thanks for linking up at Unscripted Sketches this week!