Sunday, April 7, 2013

Paper Players 140

DSCF3872

Happy Sunday, peeps!  It FINALLY feels like spring around here!  Woohoo!  Today, the creative, talented Nance is our hostess at the Paper Players, and she has a fun challenge for us:

I love using recycled items for my projects, but I was really having trouble coming up with something original, so I fell back on a project I had done around Christmas time….but it’s a fun thing to do at any time of the year!  This was a little tricky to photograph, so bear with me (I’ve propped it up against an organdy tree as well as a vintage twig tree!!!):

PP140-LeAnne

This little vintage gift holder is made from (drum roll, please….) a toilet paper tube!  Yep!  I got this idea from Pinterest!  I simply took the empty cardboard roll, covered it with some collage-stamped First Edition DP, squished and sewed the bottom together and embellished it with some fun decorations!  Here’s a peek at the inside so you can see the tube:

DSCF3857

My butterfly is from Nature Walk, with some background stamping from French Foliage; some stitching and a faceted button embellished with pearls:

DSCF3869

and my yummy Certainly Celery-dyed scrunchy seam binding, embellished with an image from A Round Affair, which is available now as a preview from the upcoming SU catalog :

DSCF3870

While making this, I was trying to use some colors that I hadn’t used for a while….I can’t even remember the last time I used Elegant Eggplant, and although Certainly Celery has always been a favorite spring color, I hadn’t used it for a while either!  THEN I found out that SU is retiring it!  So I am glad I got a chance to put it to use!  If you’d like to know all the products I used, just shoot me an email! 

What can you make with a recycled product?  I can’t wait to see what creative ideas you come up with!  Be sure to check out the goodies the DT has come up with as well!  See them all at the Paper Players blog!  Happy creating!

Last Thursday morning when Cassidy walked in, I realized we were dressed alike!  Of course, I didn’t have on a denim mini skirt or a flowered headband,  and she didn’t have silver dangly earrings!  But it was close enough!

DSCF3824

Enjoy your day!

20 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

It's gorgeous LeAnne, love the toilet roll idea...:0) If it does the job why not! May have to case that one for the Christmas table bonbons.

Kara said...

love this project!

how cute you two are as 'twins'! you really need a flowery headband..lol!!;)

Linda said...

I remember your Christmas project and forgot all about that "tp" tube! Great project and a lovely picture of you and your gal.

Unknown said...

Aw! You both got the email. ;-)

Love that paper tube idea too!

Bananastamper said...

Fabulous project! I love the seam binding!
Happy Sunday!
Shanna :)

Kristi said...

What a neat project! Love the colors as well, I've been trying to do more purple lately. You and your "mini me" are so cute!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun project and so gorgeous! You two are the best twins, you should make yourself a flowered headband.

Nance Leedy said...

LOVE this, LeAnne! Everybody has toilet paper rolls, LOL! Your color choices and paper combinations are gorgeous and your beautiful creation is just perfect for my recycle challenge! Thanks for making it shine!

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a beautiful picture of you and Cassidy looking like twins. How fun it that.
Your project is very pretty. That scrunchy seam binding is gorgeous. I'm so sad to see Certainly Celery go. I think that one is a mistake:(
Have a great Sunday.

Linda Callahan said...

You two are two too cute~! (and my babysitting outfit is also jeans and a fleece vest!) And about your project - stamping stamping stamping is so beautiful and the bow is gorgeous!

Mary Hogenmiller said...

Love the seam binding treatment. What a WOW look! I'm going to have to try it. But what I really LOVE is the photo of the girls in Pink! That makes my heart sing ;-)

lisa808 said...

Beautiful project. Love the colors and seam binding bow.

You and Cassidy look adorable.

Linda said...

Ahh wonderful picture of the two of your. So sweet!
Great TP gift holder. They are fun. Love the colors you used.
Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I find a lot of these empty rolls on the hanger at my house since I think I am the only one who can change the roll...lol...well, now I will never look at one the same again....such a clever and beautiful way to recycle!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a cool project and it is made with something that ...ahem... we ALL have on hand. :) This color combo is super yummy, too. As always, your details are stunning, my friend! Love this! :)

Vicki Burdick said...

I am sooo loving this!!! Super cute and made with a TP roll.....awesome and love that wonderful bow!!!

Bonnie said...

This is fantastic, LeAnne! Love that bow and Celery and Eggplant are made for each other! Isn't it sad that Celery is leaving us?

jengd said...

I love all of the TP roll projects going around- cute! And great photo of the two of you- super cute. :)

Ann Schach said...

How cool is this! I love the scrunchied ribbon and the embossed oval! This is a great way to recycle those tubes...other than letting the Boxers play with them!

Justin said...

Gorgeous vintage gift holder and the colors are so cool! I love your pearls inside the the faceted button! Awesome picture of you and Cassidy!