Thursday, April 4, 2013

Catered Crop & SSSC181

DSCF3758

Happy Thursday, everyone!  Woohoo!  I was so excited when Linda at Catered Crop posted that this card was one of her top choices last week!  So this week, her challenge is to use twine!  I’ve been using some twine here and there, but I wanted to step it up a bit for her challenge, so I pulled out my colors and went to work:

DSCF3757

This card is for my foot doctor!!!  I know, who sends their doctor a thank-you card, right?  But I had been procrastinating about a little lump on the bottom of my right foot that was beginning to get really painful; I could not walk barefooted without a lot of discomfort.  I imagined an operation, not being able to drive, etc; I was concerned, too, that I wouldn’t be able to chase Cassidy around!!!  He took me in on a Saturday morning, examined my foot, told me it wasn’t serious, and removed that little lump (which was a callus), right there in the office, and now I can walk on it with NO PAIN!!!  I am so thankful that it wasn’t more serious, and he had such a great bedside manner, I just wanted him to know how grateful I was!

The letters are from PTI and they are mounted on a piece of cardboard with various shades of twine wrapped around; the papers are some scraps I had laying around, and the layout is from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 181:

My original card used letters in Crumb Cake, but they didn’t really stand out, so I cut a second set from Chocolate Chip and mounted them offset, so it created a shadow effect:

DSCF3759

Finally, I added “so, so much” at the bottom, which is a portion of a sentiment from Delightful Dozen.  I really had fun with this card—I hope you’ll stop over and visit the Catered Crop!  Linda has a terrific sense of humor and is a wonderfully creative stamper as well!

I had some place mats on the table from Easter, and Cassidy took it in her head that they would make a good blanket for Lambie:

DSCF3707

DSCF3709

DSCF3710

DSCF3712

A little mommy!  Thanks for visiting today!

11 comments:

Kara said...

great masculine card...love ur use of twine! oh lucky lamby:)

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne what a fantastic card, your twine treatment is amazing. Lambie looks nice and cozy now.

Marisa said...

Totally fun use of twine!!! Love it! Darling pics of Cassidy and her "baby" care :)

Betty Benton said...

Great card -- love all the colors and yes ma'am, you did use some twine!! And in a fabulous way, I might add! Just look at Cassidy's face -- what a look of accomplishment after creating a blanket for Lambie!

Kim S said...

You are SO sweet. I bet your doctor's jaw dropped when someone cared enough to say thank you! I love the twine backdrop - it obviously takes some time and make this card extra special!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

So creative with the twine, what a great idea! I am glad you don't have foot pain anymore that is definitely worth it thank you card.

Darlene Gabriel said...

She does take good card of Lambie doesn't she?
I so glad your foot issue wasn't serious and that you can now walk without pain. Yippee.....you can still chase Cassidy around;)
This is a great masculine card and I really like the wrapped twine.
Congrats on having your card named on one of the favourites. I loved that one too.

Katherine said...

OMG- perfect inspiration for me. I love the twine idea. I'm going to use left over yarn from my knitting rejects for something just like this! TFS.

Elaine M said...

Fantabulous card! I hadn't thought to wrap twine like this - LOVE it!! And then there's our darling Ms C - that little gal melts my heart. Such a good mom to lambie.

Carol L said...

I love your wrapped twine and I think it's wonderful that your doctor received this card! I sent my surgeon a card after my hip surgery too! When you appreciate someone who's made a difference, I think it's a nice gesture to send a thank-you card!

Linda McClain said...

You are brilliant! What a great way to add texture and color. I'm so glad you were able to join us as a designer this week. Catered Croppers are going to love this!