Sunday, April 21, 2013

Paper Players 142

DSCF4297
Happy Sunday, peeps!  Are you ready for another Paper Players challenge?  That stampin’ maven Jaydee is our hostess today and she has an ultra-easy clean and simple challenge for us today:
Yep---a ONE-LAYER card!  Ooooh, sometimes that is not as easy as it seems, is it?  So it really IS a challenge!  For my card, I chose to make a birthday card using Easy Events stamped directly on Pink PIrouette:
PP142-LeAnne
This is not a full card, it’s note-card size; I used my Simply Scored to score a little rectangle in which I stamped my image using my trusty Stamp-a-ma-Jig!  To give that rectangle a little more depth, I ran a very faint line of color with an Aquapainter on the inside of the scored line.  I really like the dimension it adds!   I used my blender pen and some ink to color in the image, then added a cherry from the Itty Bitties set.  I used Dazzling Diamonds and Dazzling Details for my sparkle:
DSCF4300
This looks good enough to eat!  SO…..how will you create your one-layer card?  Can’t wait to see what you conjure up!  Check out the others’ samples at the Paper Players blog, too!

This weekend was chilly, to say the least….not like a couple of weeks ago, when we were playing barefooted in the sandbox:

DSCF3970

  

DSCF3963

17 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh you Rocked the one layer card! I am so not able to do it.
Wow, I am so jealous that Cassidy can be outside barefoot. The Okie in me longs to be barefoot outside.

Bev Gomez said...

Well LeAnne, how does it look? Like I could take a bite. That's how good. Very cute and I might have to play along with this sketch. Very cute!


mudmaven said...

I totally love this card!!! I'm going to try that technique TODAY. It's just gorgeous and so clever to add dimension like that on a one layer card. Brilliant! Weather is much better here today and I hope to see all the snow gone by the end of the day. ~chris

Linda said...

Oh so sweet! EVERYTHING!!! LOL

stampwithsandy said...

What a sweet card, LeAnne. I like that your "white" area is pink, and the embossed square and sparkly frosting.

Patti said...

Love your card. This is definitely a challenge that I want to try. You did a terrific job. And that cupcake DOES look good enough to eat.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Really amazing job with the one layer!! LOVE your pink cupcake!! YUM!!

Amy O said...

I love your scored frame, LeAnne! And the added shading around the inside of it is a great addition. Your cupcake's sparkle is delicious! Very cute card!

Denise Willerton said...

One layer!!! So stunning LeAnn ~ love what you've done with this challenge! TFS *hugs*

Justin said...

I completely agree with you good enough to eat comment! It looks sweet and delicious!! :-)

Jaydee said...

Yummy.... seriously, that cupcake looks as though it would go wonderfully with a cup of coffee! I love that you highlighted the focal image with scoring. The sparkly cherry and frosting is fabulous. Adding depth around the scored border was a genius idea! Thank you for rocking my challenge

Hugs
Jaydee

PS. Is it me, or is Cassidy getting even cuter as she gets older :-)

Brian King said...

This card is so sweet and DELICIOUS! I love the dry embossed border and the glittery goodness.

Kara said...

love this! great frame!!

Nance Leedy said...

LeAnne, this is a study in how to do a one-layer card. I stand in awe of how much dimension and interest you added with the scored lines, the sparkle and stamping on PINK! All fabulous ideas that add up to one adorable card!

Anonymous said...

Yes, good enough to eat. A sweet treat for the eyes-Love your one layer work of whimsical art;))

Anne Marie Hile said...

I just figured out the secret to making one layer cards! Make sure you use the color pink, cupcakes and pretty sparkles! Whoo hoo! This sure is pretty! :)

Queen Mary said...

Love how you used the frame! Cute kid too! :)